1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I'm a long time Palm OS user. Considering the 800w. I have 3 questions regarding Outlook in Windows Mobile Pro 6.1 .

1. Can I set up Mobile Outlook to automatically place it's "pst" file on memory card, or at least documents and attachments?

2. Can I convert an email into a task or meeting?

3. Will Mobile Outlook mirror the folder structure of my desktop Outlook? i.e. Inbox, work email folder, personal email folder. I've set up Outlook to automatically sort mail and move certain emails to specific folders. Even if mobile Outlook doesn't sort new emails, I'd like for it to mirror the contents of my work folder, and it's sub folders.

Thanks for your input,

Fox
    Quote Originally Posted by fw 755p View Post
    Hello all,

I'm a long time Palm OS user. Considering the 800w. I have 3 questions regarding Outlook in Windows Mobile Pro 6.1 .

1. Can I set up Mobile Outlook to automatically place it's "pst" file on memory card, or at least documents and attachments?

3. Will Mobile Outlook mirror the folder structure of my desktop Outlook? i.e. Inbox, work email folder, personal email folder. I've set up Outlook to automatically sort mail and move certain emails to specific folders. Even if mobile Outlook doesn't sort new emails, I'd like for it to mirror the contents of my work folder, and it's sub folders.

Thanks for your input,

Fox
    1. You can have Outlook save attachments to the memory card
    2. I don't know, I've never tried.
    3. Only if you have an Exchange account with which your desktop and PDA both sync.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3.    #3  
    Grant,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know if the attachments would save to the card on synced email as well as email that was direct from my pop accounts? Or would I have to manually do one of those two?

No exchange account for now. It's just me, my laptop, and too many clients wanting too many things all at once...and usually right when I'm about to board a plane.

Thanks,

Fox
    Grant,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know if the attachments would save to the card on synced email as well as email that was direct from my pop accounts? Or would I have to manually do one of those two?

No exchange account for now. It's just me, my laptop, and too many clients wanting too many things all at once...and usually right when I'm about to board a plane.

Thanks,

Fox
    I do not know if synced email would store attachments on the card but I would have to assume that it would because it's an overall setting for the email account.

What type of business are you doing that you have too many clients? If it is IT-related, care to farm some out? :-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Can can save emails and attachments to the storage card see below:
    Code:
    HKLM\System\Inbox\Settings

For Attachments add "AttachPath" value="\Storage Card\Inbox\Attachments" datatype="string"

For the rest of the email add "PropertyPath" value="\Storage Card\Inbox" datatype="string"

For the paths above to work, you need to have the Inbox folder and Attachments subfolder created already. You must reboot for them to take effect.
    Let me know if that works, it's what I used for my Mogul
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    By the way I used this for synced outlook emails from my company so this should work for your purposes.
    Hello all,

Thanks for your input,

Fox
    On the #2 question, can you convert an email to task or appointment? The answer is yes. Do a google for a small program called email triage. The exact file name is EmailTriageCab_WM6.cab.

It adds the option to the drop down context menu, very easy, very cool.

Regards
    graylion
    Or I could just attach it!

Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files
    graylion