Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I was able to pair my 800w with my 330i without any problems however the issue I am having is that the bluetooth connection keeps breaking and re-establishing itself every-other minute while I am driving. It has even broken the connection with a call in progress but not dropped the call- that is I had to finish the call with the 800w directly.

Do I need to change data settings, call preferences or is my 800w just plain broken?
    Quote Originally Posted by sawcat View Post
    I was able to pair my 800w with my 330i without any problems however the issue I am having is that the bluetooth connection keeps breaking and re-establishing itself every-other minute while I am driving. It has even broken the connection with a call in progress but not dropped the call- that is I had to finish the call with the 800w directly.

Do I need to change data settings, call preferences or is my 800w just plain broken?
    I've got my 800w paired with my '07 328i with none of the issues you described. I just did the normal pairing operation. (I'm not using the iDrive system, so YMMV). I've used this combo for a number of calls lasting 20-30 minutes with no issue.

I do notice odd phone book transfer behavior however. I get the speed dial entries, and also the full address book up until a count of 99 minus the speed dial count. So if I have 25 speed dial entries, those all get copied over, and then I also get 74 entries (starting at "A") from the whole address book.

It seems like there is a limit of 99 total entries the 800w is willing to exchange with the BMW. I would really prefer the whole address book got copied over, but I've not found any good way to do that.

I am curious what you (and others) have experienced in this regard as well.

(Not meaning to threadjack here - if it's not relevant to this topic, I'll move it elsewhere).

Mark
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I do not have the iDrive either - just old school I guess.

I'll try removing, soft reset, and then re-establishing the connection later today when I'm back in the car. Hopefully that will help.

I've never used the phone book system. I have over nearly 700 contacts in Outlook so not sure if that would overwhelm the system or not.
    I'm having a similar connect/disconnect problem with my '05 Audi. It paired fine w/o this problem and I believe after I installed the BT update to allow voice command this problem started occurring....did you install this update as well? I'm trying to figure out how to remove this update w/o having to do a hard reset....anyone know how to do this- I'm not sure where to look? It doesn't show up in the remove programs under settings as it should, however I can confirm voice command via BT is working on my phone
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    hey sawcat...i was having this problem pairing as well until I downloaded JetWare. Now I pair right away and never loose a connection. I am able to pair, use contacts, use all steering wheel controls except for the ability to see SMS on the iDrive.

My car is a 2005 545i with Nav and iDrive and no problems at all. Just do a search on JetWare and you will find it.

I used it with my Treo 700wx as well for almost a year. Good luck.

Edit: Added link to site http://www.jetwaremobile.com/
    Last edited by arh1000; 08/06/2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added link
    Quote Originally Posted by arh1000 View Post
    hey sawcat...i was having this problem pairing as well until I downloaded JetWare. Now I pair right away and never loose a connection. I am able to pair, use contacts, use all steering wheel controls except for the ability to see SMS on the iDrive.

My car is a 2005 545i with Nav and iDrive and no problems at all. Just do a search on JetWare and you will find it.

nice find! Hopefully this will solve my Audi paring problems too, though it was working fine before this BT update by palm that I installed.
    SERO plan 500

I wonder if switching to the outlook sms will let you see SMS. Might want to try it if you really want that.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168468
    Looks like JetWare has solved my Audi connect/disconnect issues even with the BT voice command update! Thanks for finding this!

The selective phone book transfer is a huge plus as well!
    SERO plan 500

Quote Originally Posted by carysb7478 View Post
    Looks like JetWare has solved my Audi connect/disconnect issues even with the BT voice command update! Thanks for finding this!

The selective phone book transfer is a huge plus as well!
    I had purchased JetWare 2 years ago for my 750v, and it worked well. I tried it for a bit with my 800w and it did allow better control over the phone book downloads. I started looking around, and it seems the author of the software is pretty much MIA. Some folks on his board have said that they purchased the software, but haven't received keys, or it took a long time to get them, etc.

Just wanted you to be aware of these issues with JetWare. I've tried contacting the author myself, but never got a response from him.

Mark
    Im in a similar boat, I want to transfer my 700wx licence to the 800w. I bought it directly from his site (not a 3rd party site - wish I did that instead). I saw on the message board that he is MIA.

I might hard reset & set everything up but that & every 30 days restore & resync my activesync (not sure what to do).

The author also has a specific Audi file:

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/devices.htm

AudiUHV 1.2 Everything works great! Except the registration issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post

The author also has a specific Audi file:

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/devices.htm

AudiUHV 1.2 Everything works great! Except the registration issue.
    Good to know...dumb question but I'm new to WM coming from POS....where does this file go in the 800?
    SERO plan 500

Download it (or email it to your self), save it to your "my documents" folder, open File explorer (or folder explorer) navigate to My documents & click on the file.

When playing with the settings in advanced, make sure you check off any options you want (ringtones, etc).
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Thanks for the link. I'll give it a shot.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Went online with the Palm Chat Support. Not an entirely or helpful experience but I did find out that my car is not compatible with the 800 - see link:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...18891)#carkits

Guess I'll look into jetware.
    The 800w evidently isn't compatible with GM's Holden division cars. Jetware didn't help either.

cup & string