Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    My 800w won't even recognize my Nokia BH-900 headset - when I click on "Add new device", it does not even recognize that a bluetooth device is nearby (I get a "No devices were found" message). My 800w paired fine with my bluetooth GPS.

Is this normal, is it a fact of life that some headsets simply won't pair? The Nokia paired fine with my Treo 700p, even though Palm didn't officially support the Nokia.
    Are you sure your Nokia is in Pairing mode? It seems like your Nokia isn't discoverable and that's why your Treo won't see it. Check your Nokia's manual and double check to make sure you put it in pairing mode, otherwise, nothing's going to be able to pair with it.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    After submitting this post, I got to thinking that maybe the settings needed to be cleared from the headset itself. I checked the Nokia manual, found the process for clearing the headset settings ... and now it pairs fine.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Hey - how do you like the BH900? How is the volume with voice command prompts? That's one of my biggest issues right now; the only headset I can hear them with is the Samsung WEP200 since it sticks right into the ear canal, but that headset picks up a lot of noise.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I have not tried the BH900 with voice command yet. The reason I originally got the BH900 (for my 700p) was because I like the boom mike design ... generally, people can hear me well when I speak, and it does not pick up much outside noise.

It was never a perfect solution with the 700p, it would often lose its connection with the 700p ... but I think that was more a problem with the 700p's bluetooth rather than the headset itself. I have not had any problems with the 800w yet ... but I've only used the headset with the 800w for a few hours now. Keeping my fingers crossed ...

My only complaint about the BH900 is that, in very noisy areas (airports, for example) the earpiece is not as loud as I'd like. The real issue is that the speaker doesn't extend far enough into your ear ... I'd find myself pushing it closer to my head to be able to hear. I used to have a small, wide (depth-wise) black rubber band (came with the headset, to wrap the power cord, actually) which sort of fit on the earpiece and extended it by a centimeter or so, which was just enough to make the headset plenty loud in noisy environments ... I have since lost that rubber band, unfortunately.