1.    #1  
    So I have Windows XP Profesional with service pack 2 and when I plug in my 800w to it it starts charging but the computer doesn't recognize it. The red light doesn't even come on that it is charging but it does actually charge. Oooh I will mention that everything works perfectly with my laptop which has Windows Vista on it. I'm just trying to sync it to my computer which has XP.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    That happens to me from time to time. What seems to aggravate it is pressing the suspend/off button while Activesync is connected. The only way I've found to fix it (once it does that) is to soft-reset the 800w. To connect reliably, I make sure the 800w is on when I connect the cable, and then it usually works.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    That happens to me from time to time. What seems to aggravate it is pressing the suspend/off button while Activesync is connected. The only way I've found to fix it (once it does that) is to soft-reset the 800w. To connect reliably, I make sure the 800w is on when I connect the cable, and then it usually works.
    Ya I've done all that. I even did a hard reset to make sure that its not of my programs I installed causing problems but no still the same thing.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    The other thing you could try is in Settings...Connections...USB to PC, deselect "Enable advanced network functionality".
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have found that if something that uses data is still in memory, like IE ro Google Maps, etc., the USB ActiveSync connection doesn't happen, but as soon as I close these type items, it connects quickly thereafter.