1.    #1  
    So here is a list:

1) When i Add a number to my contacts, it adds it to the work number. Also, the work number is the first number it comes up when searching for the contact. Is there anyway to change it to whenever i add a contact(i know when adding it thru text it puts it in mobil) it always puts it in the mobile number?

2) Whenever i get a text message i DO NOT receive a text icon on the top of the taskbar

3) while in a text conversation, pressing the send key takes me to the homes screen. I want to be able to call that person.(able to do this on the 755p)

4) The left soft key changing to notification is annoying. There HAS to be a way to turn it off. It slows down the phone, and requires a few extra clicks and it counterproductive.

5) Is there anyway to choose what the main number is on a contact so whenever i call it that number would be the main number( exp. i have home,work, and cell... sometimes i want the main number to be cell, other times work. So i dont have to click there name, and scroll down to whatever number i want)

what else have you guys notice, im sure there are more but i do not remember them right now..
    1 and 5 are Outlook deficiencies. Something that the Palm desktop has over Outlook is that you could set the default primary throughout your contacts, or on an individual basis.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    If you are punching a number in and switch to the dial pad, you have to start typing the number all over again... Small but annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post

5) Is there anyway to choose what the main number is on a contact so whenever i call it that number would be the main number( exp. i have home,work, and cell... sometimes i want the main number to be cell, other times work. So i dont have to click there name, and scroll down to whatever number i want)
    In the Contacts application, you can change which number is the primary number. If you highlight the contact you want to change, then press left/right on the d-pad, you cycle through the numbers that contact has defined. This changes the default number for that contact.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by popcorn-in-sac View Post
    In the Contacts application, you can change which number is the primary number. If you highlight the contact you want to change, then press left/right on the d-pad, you cycle through the numbers that contact has defined. This changes the default number for that contact.

Mark
    I don't think this changes which number shows up first when you search from the home screen, though.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    So here is a list:

2) Whenever i get a text message i DO NOT receive a text icon on the top of the taskbar
    this part is really annoying! i leave my phone in the office and miss text messages, then come back to the office and not know there was a text. i might not discover the missed text for hours.

if you noticed, the pop up text icon used to work properly BEFORE Pocket Outlook is activated / set up. in other words, once you set up your email, the icon stops working for text messages and starts working exclusively an email alert. never had this problem with my 700w/wx.

TreoAlert Pro should solve the above problems, including yours. i'm still debating whether or not i should wait for the final version or just go ahead and test the beta version. the people of HanniP Inc. are lifesavers, so we should do more to show our appreciation. i think you should invest a few thousand into the HanniP Foundation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    this part is really annoying! i leave my phone in the office and miss text messages, then come back to the office and not know there was a text. i might not discover the missed text for hours.
    Palm did build you a very nice clock screen saver that shows missed calls and missed SMS very effectively when the device is off...

You also have a Today Plugin and "notification" key.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Palm did build you a very nice clock screen saver that shows missed calls and missed SMS very effectively when the device is off...

good idea, i think i'll give it a try. i've had to avoid using it (to conserve a bit of battery life), lest a berating by Mr. WMExpert for wasting battery life. haha.

wouldn't help because the device lock's password screen covers up the Today screen. i do have the today plugin checked (does show # of unread texts), but i have to set notification to not show through the password entry screen. only thing visible is the top taskbar. =\
    sounds like TreoAlert w/ LED alert is the way to go. always open to suggestions.

wow, the screen saver looks great.
    want to have sms icon???? ditch the palm threaded text and use the much better POutlook sms.....> problem solved!!! http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=poutlook THIS ALSO FIXES NO. 3

no. 4.. can also be fixed by ditching the palm dial pad and enabling the default windows mobile dialer.. which is, IMOP much better.. follow these instructions here!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=148000

DONE!
  10. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

It is a very very nice screen saver.

Unfortunately, it keeps my phone from ever going into standby and destroys battery life... but it's real nice.

Go with treoalert.
    On my 800w I have the New SMS Alert and the New Email Alert set to a mp3, when the alert begins playing the mp3 I can not get it to shut off.

With the ringer set to a custom mp3 as soon as I hit any button the mp3 stops playing. On my old 700wx the SMS alert and Email alert acted the same way (they stopped when I hit a button.)

Normally I flip the switch on the top of the phone to mute it as a work-around. Normally it gives a single vibrate and then I have to wait for the mp3 to finish (it is a short 30 sec clip.) If I switch back before the mp3 is done it will still be playing.

This morning I got a new email while at work, so I reached down and flipped the switch to mute. The mp3 KEPT playing... I could still hear it... no vibrate, no mute... I have soft-rebooted but have not gotten another alert to see if the switch is working again...
    three soft resets later and the mute switch is working again...