1.    #1  
    Well, the last weekend I was on Mil duty and this happened.
    I took the wall charger from my Jabra 8040 with me along with the short USB to micro USB which came with it, along with me to camp. Between available AC power source when back on base, and with the laptop for USB, thought I was covered. Silly me!
    Both failed to charge. When connected they made the right noises but no charging light and the batt just died on me. We had other means to commo, but this was a let down. Totally. Humvees dont come with cigar lighter plugs. Bad design! no doubt.
    But the point is: check your chargers for function before you embark on a trip. Lesson learned.
    If your wall plug generates less than 500 mA I don't believe the 800w will charge. The battery icon changes, but the power program I'm using reads "error" for power source status, and the red light never goes on. The device continues to drain at it's normal rate.

I've ran into this as well with some USB ports. USB spec states that they are supposed to supply 500 mA, but some USB hubs supply that for all of the ports that are on it, so if you have two devices you're really only getting 250 mA per device.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    The motorolla microUSB that comes with the h12 (h710 & h680) works fine with the treo. Infact that's what i use to charge it on a daily basis.
    I have a wall adapter with a USB input. When I use the 800w's USB cable with that, it makes a charging beep but does not actually charge the phone.

The wall adapter outputs 800mA.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I have a wall adapter with a USB input. When I use the 800w's USB cable with that, it makes a charging beep but does not actually charge the phone.

The wall adapter outputs 800mA.
    hi

I too have the Belkin wall adaptor (surge protector) that has 2 USB ports (for charging only) and the treo does make the sound but the red light does not come on for charging, despite the fact that the battery icon changes.

BigMots
  6. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    The 8040 will charge the phone as long as nothing is in use and it's turned off... ...very slowly... I use mine at the office while in use to just keep the battery at the status quo or to slow the drain to a crawl. Works good enough for that purpose...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    The 8040 will charge the phone as long as nothing is in use and it's turned off... ...very slowly... I use mine at the office while in use to just keep the battery at the status quo or to slow the drain to a crawl. Works good enough for that purpose...
    Sorry, but it DOES NOT !!!
  8. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    I'm sorry, but it DOES !!!

See how the exclamation points and caps really get my point across. You could be right and I could be hallucinating. Of course my phone's plugged into it right now and it's charging so if I am hallucinating it's with some real good ****e.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    It does but very slowly. Like 12% in 4 hours. I bought a Seido car charger that uses a standard USB jack rated at 1.25A and it does not charge phone. Makes the beep but no light. Seems like if the phone doesn't recognize the charger it goes to tickle charge mode.
  10. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I will agree that the charging light does not work. But with everything off, I went from 84% to 85% in about 20 minutes. With BT on and data being pushed, I do lose power but only a few percent all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I will agree that the charging light does not work. But with everything off, I went from 84% to 85% in about 20 minutes. With BT on and data being pushed, I do lose power but only a few percent all day.
    That probably explains why the light doesn't turn on then. It might suck out whatever juice the battery is getting back.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    hi

I too have the Belkin wall adaptor (surge protector) that has 2 USB ports (for charging only) and the treo does make the sound but the red light does not come on for charging, despite the fact that the battery icon changes.

BigMots
    I have this same problem and I'm not happy about it. What is the 800w being such a PITA when it comes to charging? I've never had another device that was sooo picky about it's chargers.

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Moto q9 is actually more finicky than the 800w, fwiw.
    The $12 cheapo from Wal-Mart works well, as do all of the iGo chargers that I have (wall outlet, car, and the one that runs off 2 AA batteries).
    Quote Originally Posted by wwejason View Post
    The $12 cheapo from Wal-Mart works well, as do all of the iGo chargers that I have (wall outlet, car, and the one that runs off 2 AA batteries).
    x2

Zip problems here. If it fits, it works.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    For some of you this is a cable issue rather than charger output power level. To charge via USB, without activesync, the 800w (along with a number of Motorola phones, as it happens) requires a special pinout. Someone on this very forum educated me about this same issue when I couldn't get my VersaCharger Pro to work properly. Got the right cable and all my USB chargers work again, including the awesome little dual-port one that came with my Joby headset.
    I concur haus,

i have the seidiio usb to micro usb "charge only" cable and use it with the seidio 1.25A 12v-to-usb car charger.

it is FAST!!!!! and will charge with gps + bluetooth + wifi + backlight (max brightness) all on
    Scott K
    PalmPilot -> PalmPilotPro ->
    HandspringNeo w/ Sprint PCS Wireless Digital Link ->
    Treo 755p Blue -> Treo 800w

bmwr606@yahoo.com