Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    I as a 800 waiting vzw client am just curious (and jealous;-) about your impressions on this. I have kept up on all the threads but let me ask the hard questions:

The battery issue seems to be the most critical one (whether you can use it with standalone gps or A gps not so important to me, and also seems like a mistake in the their marketing). The screen issue vs. SW seems to be a no brainer, newer SW will come out over time. Stability sounds OK. But it seems a fair amount of people here have had to return the phone as it just seems to crap out. Sounds like Sprint had no problems just getting you a new one. Form factor is older, but truthfully, when I got my 650, what I was dreaming of was the form factor of the 800! As others have said, Treos just fit in the hand really nicely!

So, was the wait worth it? Are you planning on keeping it? or does it seem like the Touch Pro coming out in month is a better phone?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Definitely keep mine. The only con I have is with the battery like everyone else but i got another wall charger for work and im good to go. Reception, speed, call quality, size, Rev A, WM 6.1 are all reasons for keeping this device. I love it so far. I am waiting to see what the Touch Pro is going to bring and depending how much it cost and initial impressions i may get that but until then its 800 all the way.
    I had to get a replacement for my first that was defective, but I am keeping my Treo 800w. Despite whatever complaints have been made, it to me is the best device out there.
    Also had some issues with windows live search (turned out to be some sort of hardware malfunction?), returned to sprint for a new 800 no problem. This thing is sick. Live Search blows anything like it out of the water - the ability/accuracy of recognizing your voice is unreal. Speak 'taco bell' and in less than 5 seconds you can select the closest one and have directions mapped and tracked via GPS. Unreal. Has picked up pretty much any obscure thing I could think of
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
    im keeping mine, so far other than the battery life its everything i need and want in a phone
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Have three batteries in total, two chargers.

And still going to keep it.
    Count me with the keepers.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    This is the best combination of features and usability on the market. I love this phone. The form factor is PERFECT. Any smaller and it would be a hindrance to typing.

My only gripes are:
    1) the Sprint-dependent GPS - I've come to grips with the fact that even if I went back to a 700wx, I'd have to carry a BT GPS, so I'll tote it along when I expect to be out of coverage.
    2) the keyboard has quirks that make gaming more difficult than the 700wx, but I am using workarounds that appear to address the problem.
    3) Nyditot won't reply to my many requests to update their app so we can get nearly 100% compatibility with all apps.

Minor issues aside, Palm has a winner here.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    i am keeping mine
    Definitely keeping mine, even though I exchanged the first for a couple dead pixels.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    My biggest gripe is the screen, it's washed out and dull compaired to my Touch. I loved the Touch's screen colors, deep blacks and bright colors, and the size of the screen. But hated not having a keyboard and hardware buttons. I'd turn it on and I'd freeze trying to figuare out how to check mail or something. 800w I just hit the mail button and I'm there.

Battery life is so so I did order a car charger as I'm on the road a lot. Anybody find one of thoes retractable sync/charge cords yet?
    Keeping mine. 2 extra batteries + 2 car chargers is small price to pay for the features & useability
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Wow, just checked back, now am really salivating for vzw to get this released. Seems like a winner. Just needs a bigger battery. Maybe Sedio has something in the works. Wonder if anyone there reads these threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
    Wow, just checked back, now am really salivating for vzw to get this released. Seems like a winner. Just needs a bigger battery. Maybe Sedio has something in the works. Wonder if anyone there reads these threads.
    Yes and yes...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Love mine - you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers. Mrs. Bujin calls it "my mistress".
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    To me, This is the best Treo I've owned !!!!
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Keeping it. Everything I have wanted in a smartphone.
    1. WM
    2. GPS
    3. WiFi
    4. 3G
    5. High Res Screen
    6. Front Facing Keyboard
    7. Expandable Memory
    8. Bluetooth

So far nothing else matches these needs except the 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    Keeping it. Everything I have wanted in a smartphone.
    1. WM
    2. GPS
    3. WiFi
    4. 3G
    5. High Res Screen
    6. Front Facing Keyboard
    7. Expandable Memory
    8. Bluetooth

So far nothing else matches these needs except the 800w.
    My thoughts exactly. And the form factor is PERFECT. Did I mention the perfect form factor?

I won't complain TOO loudly if they gave us a rectangular screen, CDMA/GSM, TV Out, or a camera flash on the 900, however.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    My experiment with push email is what killed the battery. Ever since I went back to pull email my battery life has been pretty good. That's low-talking, high-data usage, mind you.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Wonderful device. After the initial learning curve where I missed my Centro, I've become very satisfied with the 800w.
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast