Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    agreed....ive had 650p, 700p, 755p. Thought I would never go to WM, now I will never go back.

Also for battery issues, hold OK button and make sure to close unnecessary apps to help improve life
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
    Quote Originally Posted by coolstorm92 View Post
    not a keeper. battery life is horrific. will trade it for a htc diamond when available.
    webdave is right...

If you don't like the 800w only for battery life, the Diamond with it's 1340mah battery (only 190mah more than the 800w) won't be significantly different, especially when powering
    1. 4gb nand
    2. 256mb RAM
    3. large VGA screen
    4. touching the screen constantly

All of that stuff will use considerable battery power and probably wipe out any difference from the extra 190mah. Of course people are welcome to try and see if it's better, lol.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by carysb7478 View Post
    agreed....ive had 650p, 700p, 755p. Thought I would never go to WM, now I will never go back.

Also for battery issues, hold OK button and make sure to close unnecessary apps to help improve life
    Just download MAGIC BUTTON an no need to even do that. You close apps on the fly and it's free!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    webdave is right...

If you don't like the 800w only for battery life, the Diamond with it's 1340mah battery (only 190mah more than the 800w) won't be significantly different, especially when powering
    1. 4gb nand
    2. 256mb RAM
    3. large VGA screen

All of that stuff will use considerable battery power and probably wipe out any difference from the extra 190mah. Of course people are welcome to try and see if it's better, lol.
    +1 bonus point...
    Well, I have had the 800w for less than a month, but I'm having some issues with missed calls and the screen.

I've been missing frequent calls of late. At first, I thought the ringer volume was just low and I just wasn't noticing the calls. But I confirmed, the phone just isn't ringing. Twice today, I had the phone less than an arm's length away, positioned right next to my laptop, while I was typing away at work and I noticed later that I missed 2 calls.

Now it has happened before with my 700p as well, but it's been very frequent ever since I got the 800w. Not sure if it's the phone, the network or a combination of phone/network that is causing the problem.

The other problem I'm having is with the screen. I go to turn off the screen by pressing the red button, but it doesn't turn off. The weird part is that it first appears to turn off, where the screen goes to that gold bronze color. Then few seconds later I get these vertical streaks which get darker and darker until the screen is dark gray. Almost looks like the screen is turned off, but it's not the gold bronze color anymore. It's happened twice yesterday and each time took a reboot to fix the problem. And when this happens, it's draining the battery. Down 16% in 2 hours. This might be in part because I was testing the issue and kept turning on and off the screen.

I thought I was sure that I was going to keep the 800w coming from the 700p. But now, I'm beginning to think back to all the issues I had with the 700p when it first came out (had 3 700p's in 2 years).

I'm keeping a closer eye on the issues. I think getting the 800w replaced will address the screen issue, but I'm more concerned about missing calls. I use the phone for business and I can't afford to miss calls from clients.

Tae
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I have to agree with carysb7478. I used POS even before the Treo line. I had a Palm back when it was a green and grey screen (and loved it).

The Treo 650 was my first "smart phone" (why have a "palm" and a "phone" when I can combine them?) and I've never gone back. I also swore I would never go back to WM after dipping into it with a Toshiba e405. Nifty device, but I did NOT like early WM OS.

Got tired of my 700P and made the plunge to a Mogul for a "nicer" phone. Hated the mogul, but surprisingly fell in love with WM (thanks to Ultimate Launcher). Was ready to try something new (after all 4 monnhs with Mogul) when the 800W was around the corner (late July). Wow! dream come true.

It has some issues (i've made posts), but this is everything I've wanted in a phone (plus stuff I didn't realize I wanted...GPS, BT 2.0, AD2P, etc.)

I won't go back to POS at this rate. I saw NO innovation in EIGHT years with that OS! It worked, but still...

Anyway. It's a keeper for me.

I'd like more apps and a better battery, but it is worth the wait. Definitely.

K--
    Quote Originally Posted by freetreo700p View Post
    Well, I have had the 800w for less than a month, but I'm having some issues with missed calls and the screen.

I've been missing frequent calls of late. At first, I thought the ringer volume was just low and I just wasn't noticing the calls. But I confirmed, the phone just isn't ringing. Twice today, I had the phone less than an arm's length away, positioned right next to my laptop, while I was typing away at work and I noticed later that I missed 2 calls.

Now it has happened before with my 700p as well, but it's been very frequent ever since I got the 800w. Not sure if it's the phone, the network or a combination of phone/network that is causing the problem.

The other problem I'm having is with the screen. I go to turn off the screen by pressing the red button, but it doesn't turn off. The weird part is that it first appears to turn off, where the screen goes to that gold bronze color. Then few seconds later I get these vertical streaks which get darker and darker until the screen is dark gray. Almost looks like the screen is turned off, but it's not the gold bronze color anymore. It's happened twice yesterday and each time took a reboot to fix the problem. And when this happens, it's draining the battery. Down 16% in 2 hours. This might be in part because I was testing the issue and kept turning on and off the screen.

I thought I was sure that I was going to keep the 800w coming from the 700p. But now, I'm beginning to think back to all the issues I had with the 700p when it first came out (had 3 700p's in 2 years).

I'm keeping a closer eye on the issues. I think getting the 800w replaced will address the screen issue, but I'm more concerned about missing calls. I use the phone for business and I can't afford to miss calls from clients.

Tae
    I'm getting my phone replaced for the missed call issue. I don't think it's the network cuz my 700wx in the same area never had these issues. Hopefully the new phone will fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    webdave is right...

1. 4gb nand
    2. 256mb RAM
    3. large VGA screen

But the Diamond and Touch Pro will have extended batteries that don't add huge humps to the back of the phone. The 800w will never have that option.

If Palm ever fixed the GPS bug and terrible call quality, I'd try an 800w again. Not counting on it.
    Why do you think extended batteries for the HTC devices won't add size? Other than the slimline batteries that only added a little bit of power, the extended batteries for other HTC devices always came with a hump and battery door.

Also, in point of fact, the Sprint version of the Diamond is 3mm thicker than the European version and only 4mm thinner than the brickish Touch Pro.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Most likely keeping. Every day I discover new and useful things. Happy with Sprint so far, though I've only had to speak to CS once (activation) and chat once. Both times were fine, though the phone rep sounded a little more bored and uninterested than most of the Verizon reps I have spoken with over the years. The 800w rocks...on my purchase list will be an extended battery, metal stylus, and screen protector as soon as they're all available. Every time I bend the stock stylus I shake my head in disbelief, but that's about it so far.

I missed calls *constantly* on both my stock 700wx and my XV6700 with Verizon, so I believe it's a WM issue. Hasn't happened with the 800w yet, actually. But many times my wife would call and I would get the voicemail buzz only, no rings. SLI at 2 (default). I don't recall if I had a missed call notification or not, though.
    I missed a few calls on the 700p.
    Finally I realized you have to assign a ringer for roaming.
    The 800 has a "phone:roaming" on the notifications pulldown menu.
    I assigned it "ringer loud" just in case it works the same way.
    Im definitely keeping the 800.
    Every day the phone gets better and better with the help from this forum.
    I have one shiny stuck pixel that only bugs me when watching videos.
    Anybody think its worth exchanging just for that?
    Or is there a program to fix it?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    It's day 26 for me and I'm glad I didn't over react a couple weeks ago - I was about to go back to my 700P.

Although I still miss some of the POS applications and capabilities, I gave WM and the 800W a try and think I'll stick with it. The advantages seem to outweigh the drawbacks. I can work around the lousy battery life, although it is better than before (thanks to this site), but I really miss the recording capabilities I had with CallRec - I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone smarter than me (that's most people) will find a workaround.

I'll be patient and, no doubt, realize I made the right choice to keep it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I'm getting my phone replaced for the missed call issue. I don't think it's the network cuz my 700wx in the same area never had these issues. Hopefully the new phone will fix it.
    When I had the 800w mine was replaced because of missed calls. I could send but not receive. There was a radio issue with the device. The store that replaced mine at the time had replaced about 8 of them in 14 days. If you are missing calls I'd take it to a Sprint store. Also if you play with the "Rev. A" check box in the ##EVDO# screen it tends to speed up the radio issue. I did not check that box but the Tech at the store found most of the 8 had that box checked.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I'm keeping mine. Still the best phone I've ever had.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Keeping mine/ I loved my Centro but the 800W does everything the centro does and better. The battery life on the Centro wasnt great to begin with and same with my 700P . People complained about that battery life. same with the Centro. and now the 800W. The thing with that is that in the end these are phones. You cant expect to watch movies , play music , surf the web etc and get through a day. its not a Ipod. You can expect that of these phones. if I want to watch a 2 hour movie I going to use my PSP or a dvd player. these phones are meant to watch a half hour show or catch the news. listen to a few songs on the way to work/ I know there marketed as multi media devices but honestly they have to to make sales. I charge my phone at night and make 4-5 calls during the day. send 20-30 text, surf the web for maybe an hour or two maybe catch the news on sprint tv or on slingbox . check my email trough out the day and I still have 70% left when I get home. If I use it like an Ipod or a home pc sure Im going to have a dead phone by 3pm.

anyways
    Pros
    GPS (Awsome)
    Wifi ( Super Awsome)
    Nice form factor . not as small as the centro which I thought was 2 tiny.
    super fast browsing
    customization
    Can play most palm programs with style tap
    Camera is finally decent ( Getting better from 700P to Cento to 800W)

My negatives woulld be
    Lack of good email programs like snapperMail
    Screen isnt great in super bright sunlight

All in all I miss my Centro small size and all but lovin the 800W so far , best phone ever and a keeper for me.
    VaccPalm,

If you're crazy like me and DO want to watch the Met game over Slingbox on your Treo, you can easily pack an extra battery or two and make it through any day.

As for email apps, have you tried FlexMail? I think that more than equals SnapperMail, but I'm happy with PO in WM 6.1 so I never even installed FM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    When I had the 800w mine was replaced because of missed calls. I could send but not receive. There was a radio issue with the device. The store that replaced mine at the time had replaced about 8 of them in 14 days. If you are missing calls I'd take it to a Sprint store. Also if you play with the "Rev. A" check box in the ##EVDO# screen it tends to speed up the radio issue. I did not check that box but the Tech at the store found most of the 8 had that box checked.
    Yeah, this has got to be a major hardware issue on these devices since so many are reporting the issue. I did play with the Rev. A check box, but since it didn't make any positive difference for me I'll leave it alone on the new phone.
    thx.
    I'm on my 3rd 800w. #1 and #2 were replaced because of the muffled ear piece syndrom. Even though this one still sounds lousy, I plan to keep it in hopes that a SW update can/will fix. That's my only major gripe.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Love my 800 hate the battery but who doesn't. I have a couple of issues that my sprint rep is trying to fix voice command won't let me answer a call and it is always reconnecting to the power vision. my gripes on the phone are battery, stlius, and no good case out yet. Hopefuly seiro is listening waiting for the battery before i order any thing else to save on shipping
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast