Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Poor software compatibility will have me upgrade to a Touch Pro as soon as that comes out.

I'm aware there may be some issues with that one as well, however 640 x 480 resolution will more than likely become dominant in these handheld devices for a while.

320 x 320 seems like it would work with everything if Palm had built some resolution mode application that would trick the device into working properly (something along the lines of RealVGA).

Aside from that the phone has a lot of good features, but like many WM devices could really use some solid fine-tuning- as well as a more substantial battery.

I think this is not a keeper for me, rather a bridge from the 6700 to the Touch Pro. I however am not a solid believer that Sprint will have that Touch Pro out anytime too soon.
    issues issues!
    But thats normal with any new release from Palm. The fun is in the journey! And am sure all you yea sayers are alike. Yes, there are moments of despair, but, I (reluctantly) (as much as it is to my high standards) (oh, well) kinda like it.
    I wish the battery will hold up with normal use, without having to disable the stuff we all appreciate it has, and not needing extra batteries. They could have made it a little bigger like 755p, but with full features and we would have been in nirvana.
    My complaints are:
    1. This is what the 700w should have been
    2. i really wish the screen was touch based and not pressure.
    3. Screen brightness can be an issue in direct sun.
    4. Some screens are not 320x320 friendly. I have noticed a few hidden buttons. Makes me wonder how many there are... on 3rd party apps=i kinda understand. WM menus and windows = no excuse. WM should be smart enough to put scroll bar if needed!
    5. Hopefully WM will work on efficiency to extend battery life even further.
    6. No picture mail. Can use sMMS, but i have an issue with a developer saying that for a donation you can get the full non nagging software. Call a spade a spade and say it is a registration fee and i will buy it. Where i am from, we call that shareware...not freeware. No issue with a person wanting to make money for their time...but just say that...its ok.

what i love:
    1. form factor (keeps me coming back to treos)
    2. gps
    3. WM 6.1 It has its issues, but the best WM yet and way better than palm OS.

considering my 755/centro issues list is 20x bigger...its a keeper.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    No doubt, keeping it
    i forgot to add:

This is the first time since i got the 650 (i got it post ROM update) that i have no doubts in keeping it. I think the 650 was my last really stable phone i really liked and actually did what i needed it to do.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    My experiment with push email is what killed the battery. Ever since I went back to pull email my battery life has been pretty good. That's low-talking, high-data usage, mind you.
    Is there someway to sync Outlook/Exchange on demand? I would like that, just like my Gmail account. Would save the battery I thin versus getting my Outlook emails nearly instantaneously.
    I carried the Sprint 700wx since the day it was released and had a hard time changing to 800w. I had zero problems with my 700wx, but my brother has the 700w Verizon phone and has had nothing but trouble with both memory versions. The Sprint 800w is awesome. KEEPING this one for sure.
    I went from using a 700wx for over a year, and then switched over to a Blackberry Curve 8330, and after a month of using the Curve, I had to get back to Palm with the touchscreen and all...now, I've had the 800w for a week and a day, and I have no regret getting rid of that Curve...

I love the 800w...all those little non-features on the 700wx that was bothering me was added to the 800w. Features like how you want your contacts displayed and a few others...Being a previous user of the Treo line, I know I won't be trading this phone in for anything else...

as far as trading in for the Touch Pro, when the HTC Mogul came out, I had my 700w. I went out to buy the Mogul because of it's "NEW-ness", but I was disappointed in the build quality. The sliding mechanism was very flimsy. The UI, eventhough same as the 700wx, was lagging. Hell the Mogul was a newer device than the 700wx, but it seemed to me to be sub par to the 700wx. So, based on my impression of HTC then, and the preliminary reviews of the Touch Pro already, I don't think I'll be first in line to look at the Touch Pro...
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian View Post
    as far as trading in for the Touch Pro, when the HTC Mogul came out, I had my 700w. I went out to buy the Mogul because of it's "NEW-ness", but I was disappointed in the build quality. The sliding mechanism was very flimsy. The UI, eventhough same as the 700wx, was lagging. Hell the Mogul was a newer device than the 700wx, but it seemed to me to be sub par to the 700wx. So, based on my impression of HTC then, and the preliminary reviews of the Touch Pro already, I don't think I'll be first in line to look at the Touch Pro...
    The mogul was a joke when it came out- it was 2 year old hardware polished and rebadged as something new.
    It was by no means anything new or fantastic.

The 800w is spiffy, but the 'lets be different for the sake of productivity' approach of palm only works is Microsoft and Developers stand behind it- currently they do not.
    ..... i don't usually post but trust me, this is "it" (the isht)

..... i'm keeping it

..... the complainerz' are gonna' complain regardless... no such thing as the PERFECT device but this comes close.
    im keeping my 800w. i am a ex 700wx owner and i switched to the mogul and that was a terrible move.. i am a fan of htc but they dont have a device that can run wm as smooth as the treo 800w/treo 700wx ...treo 800 is a solid pda that is snappy and very easy to use..
    I just realized something last night while I was flipping apps on my phone - I had over 15 apps open and still had 35MB+ free.

This phone is like a lot like a PC, where you just don't think about RAM and storage space. Everything just works and the unit responds very fast.

I have 3GB free on my card, 100MB free in internal storage, and have never seen the free RAM dip below ~30MB.

Did I mention the form factor is perfect?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    The form factor is perfect. It is very customizable. I do more with this phone than any other device I've ever owned. My favorite application currently is SPB Insight. I flip through tech and world news and then listen to a couple of audio interviews with players from the Patriots.com rss feeds. I love this device!

The clincher came yesterday when my phone said, "docket meeting in 15 minutes." I was floored!

Needless to say I'm keeping it.
    still on the fence. my first pda/smartphone and battery life is the real killer for me. Love everything else about it, so maybe I'll just make do. I don't really use it as a business device, so might look at the Samsung Instinct again (but didn't really dig the input device on it). I figure I have about 25 more days to make it work.
    I have found battery life does get better with usage. I am now going 3 hours with less than 10% usage and between stops with the device plugged in, at the end of the day I am at well over 80%.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I have found battery life does get better with usage. I am now going 3 hours with less than 10% usage and between stops with the device plugged in, at the end of the day I am at well over 80%.
    I agree. I ordered the Palm car charger, but I only did it so I can use the Sprint navigation program on long trips. I get by just fine charging it at night and occasionally at work with the USB cord.
    not a keeper. battery life is horrific. will trade it for a htc diamond when available.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolstorm92 View Post
    not a keeper. battery life is horrific. will trade it for a htc diamond when available.
    make sure you play with all your power settings, ie turn off beam receive, check outlook auto sync settings, etc.
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coolstorm92 View Post
    Diamond also has battery issues. WM Pro devices in general have poor battery life compared to Blackberries.
    As a Treo user all the way back to the 300 and forward to the 755p, the POS is now dead to me.... Long live the 800w and WM 6.1
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast