Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    Okay, I just put two and two together, and have deduced what your business is. A Blackberry representative.

You are correct Sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Smithrep, I agree with theog as well, you cannot run a business off the 800 because I certainly tried. You want a business phone you get a BlackBerry. It works great out of the box. Its the reason why most major Companies use them. Just an FYI. I'm certain Palm with fix the 800. I did read the Wallstreet article posted on wmexperts.com. Palm has lost 16+ percent of the PDA market over 12 months and although they got 325 Million from an investment firm they surely cannot afford losing double digits per year.
    It's not that a business CAN'T be run off of an 800w. It's just that typically, you don't want to jump fully into a new device to run all of your business off of. You want to ease into it, or wait for the bugs to be fixed before you get it in the first place.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    well im glad i held into mine. i have a little renewed faith in the 800 with Ebags realvga 96 dpi stuff i just installed on it. it IMMENSELY improves the viewing area on the device which was a major concern for a lot of people coming from larger screens on HTC's. His tweak definitely solves one of the major kwirks i personally had.

now if standalone is fixed (prob #2 or 3 on the list but still important) and this muffled/low earpiece (#1 issue for me) it will 100% be a keeper. I can learn to live with the battery and a dimmer screen but the others were deal breaks, but slowly getting fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by klmsu19 View Post
    well im glad i held into mine. i have a little renewed faith in the 800 with Ebags realvga 96 dpi stuff i just installed on it. it IMMENSELY improves the viewing area on the device which was a major concern for a lot of people coming from larger screens on HTC's. His tweak definitely solves one of the major kwirks i personally had.

now if standalone is fixed (prob #2 or 3 on the list but still important) and this muffled/low earpiece (#1 issue for me) it will 100% be a keeper. I can learn to live with the battery and a dimmer screen but the others were deal breaks, but slowly getting fixed.
    All right kimsu19. Glad to see things getting better for you. You know, I do have at least a part of the sound problem you mention. When I use my Jawbone 2 bluetooths, and I make a call, I have to turn it up one click using the side buttons on my Treo, then I turn it right back down one click and the sound is fine. It doesn't really bother me to do this, but I do see your point in that it shouldn't do it. I think Palm will fix it.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    i dunno bout bluetooth i havent gotten a new one since i got rid of my old one a while ago so it may be apparent over bluetooth too. but if you make a call with the phone itself, it sounds fine on the 3rd notch up ( i believe there are 5 total). the 4th and 5th just sound distorted though depending on the person on the other end but usually distorted and/or muffled.

Im pretty sure its not the physical earpiece itself, just something in the volume dynamics (bass/treble) causing the distorded muffled sound. I do hope it gets fixed, the volume level at the highest setting is decently loud its just too distorted to listen to
    I have had the 600, 650, 700p, 700wx, 755p, and the 800w. I absolutely loved every one, especially the 650 and 700w, which both went through many ROM changes! Although I did really like the 800w, I am afraid my early adapter days are a thing of the past. Members like Hannip, Ebagg, and all others who spend time here, are incredible contributors to this community, and I gathered more knowledge about hacking and tweaking than I will ever need from them. Unfortunately, with the 800w, I began to feel as if I HAD to constantly be on Treocentral to simply make the phone functional; it became a burden. For me, battery life, screen, a few resets and freezes,a crackling speaker, which made it so that I could understand no callers, along with inherent WM quirkiness was enough for me to return the 800w.

I switched to a Blackberry Curve. Forgive the cliche, but it truly does "just work," and from right out of the box. I loved the Curve instantly, but wanted to give it time to get over the honeymoon stage. Sure enough, after a week or so, I began to miss WM6, but I continued to give the Curve a chance. I can now honestly say that missing the 800w was only for nostalgic reasons. I love the Curve. Upgrading to 4.5 OS gave me Html email and Docs to Go, for editing Microsoft Office documents. Not to mention the Blackberry is a messaging machine, and not just email! Anyone with a Blackberry will know exactly what I mean. In three weeks I have reset only once, and that was deliberately after an upgrade. Battery and screen are incredible, Gps is incredible, and I do not miss Slingbox one bit.

I believe that Blackberry's get a bad rap and have not shaken the stigma of being an all "business" device. I can tell you now, there is nothing I could do with windows that I cannot do with my Curve, at least nothing that I miss. The curve is the first device I have owned that innately allows you to view tasks in the calendar! I always felt this should be standard MO with all PDA phones. And now that I have my Curve tethered to my laptop, there is no going back. It is everything I need. I love Treos, especially WM, but for now I will stick with the Curve. I would recommend it to anyone contemplating the jump. No disrespect to 800w users, I loved that phone, I was simply ready for something that didn't need to be tweaked or hacked to function.

My subjective choice.
    Last edited by Longstrider; 08/24/2008 at 06:08 PM.
    I do not know the poster above.

Longstrider, I did the same jump almost a month ago. I have not reset the phone once since I got it. No freezing and no maintainence. Right out of the box it works great. Have not done the 4.5 upgrade yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I do not know the poster above.

Longstrider, I did the same jump almost a month ago. I have not reset the phone once since I got it. No freezing and no maintainence. Right out of the box it works great. Have not done the 4.5 upgrade yet.
    Vibrant, I have actually seen your posts in the two blackberry forums that I have checked out. The 4.5 is working flawlessly. The Html email is great, and I use docs to go every day. I am enjoying the switch, but like checking in on Treocentral occasionally. I won't post here again, though, unless I have ventured back to WM. My comments are no longer relevant. See you in the other forums!
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516