Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    I really want to exchange the phone, but I dont think that I can still do that, then have another 30 days. Not sure on that. I know that if you bought any other item (besides any 14 day return you could do it for another 30 days).

Have to check phone wise if that is an option.

Again with the problems I have had, it's hard to say if I would try it. If I could get another one and have another 30 days I may do that, as long as my contract could be extended and not locked in till that 30 days is up.
    Why can't we all just carry a couple of different phones? It's hard to choose sometimes, with all of the great options out there. The Curve would be something I'd try if I were unhappy with my 800w, but thus far my phone works great. As for the Bold, have they really announced yet what network it will start with? And I don't blame you for the 30 day concern. You certainly don't want to let that elapse and not be happy with what you have. I hope it works out to your liking though.
    The 30 days is the problem. Plus too I need to get it returned now so Sprint can take the $36 activation fee off my bill before I have to pay it next week. I'm not worried about Best Buy cause my guys will take care of me, but I haven't asked if I could swap and still have another 30 days. I'd assume that would be a Sprint deal as well.

I'll find out today what happens when you return a faulty phone and swap for the same versus going back to your older one or even trying a new one.
    I'm almost positive that exchanging it for a new one means you don't get another 30 days. You get the remainder of the 30 days.

However, a faulty phone would be a different case, so it wouldn't be fair if they gave you the remainder of the 30 days, although they may do just that.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Yeah, i'll check in a few here.

And btw... I thought I would tell you what my battery did today.

After I posted the 41% up above, here is what happened from there.

Let me remind you it switched back to EV, I have made NO calls, texts, or done anything. The phone has just sat. No IR on, BT, GPS, nothing. Just an idle phone.

12:04pm: 40%
    12:25pm: 35%
    1:00pm: 27%

This was fully charged at 8am this morning.

I dont have any more numbers for you cause I had to go charge it before I left for work so I didnt have to take my charger to work with me.
    so if they are making and can make a super thin 1500mah battery for the Pro then they obviously can make one for the 800W but just chose to save money I guess and just use the Centro battery for the 800W . So this is where the problem lies. The 800W is basically using the Centro battery. I guess if they wanted too they could make a 1500 battery to fit the 800W but just choose not too. Not that I am holding my breath but Siedio did say they would eventually release a regular size extended battery for the 800W ( Again I will probally be on my next phone by the time they release this as they dont even have the extended battery withbigger door out yet). Palm should do the right thing and make a super thin 1500 battery for the 800W. Im doing great with mine but would be doing terriffic with a 1500 and most of the complaints ( not all ) would go away pretty quick.
    Why not just buy a 1500mAH when its released? Battery issue solved.
    No one is realeasing a 1500 for the 800W. Siedio mentioned they might in the future (again dont hold breath) but Palm is not making one as far as I can tell (sure they would mention it with the batery issue being so prevalent) so theres no where to get one from . And I seriously doubt the 1500 for the Pro will fit the 800W. looks from the pics to be a little different . If only it was as easy as buying a 1500.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Why not just buy a 1500mAH when its released? Battery issue solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    And I seriously doubt the 1500 for the Pro will fit the 800W. looks from the pics to be a little different . If only it was as easy as buying a 1500.
    Exactly what I was thinking. The connectors just have to be a millimeter to one side or the other, and there goes the whole "swap the Pro battery for the 800w battery" idea.

If it fits, though, I'm sure a lot of people will be doing this.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    But it does tend to uphold the argument that a larger battery that fits in the stock cover is possible.

Come on Seidio, we know you read this forum, so please hear your customers. With over 2 million Centros sold, and now the Treo 800w using the same battery, surely you have the marketplace for it.

I'm with VaccPalm, my batteries doing find but one can always use "more power", to use the oft uttered phrase of "Tim, the tool man, Taylor" (from one of the best shows of all time).
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    so if they are making and can make a super thin 1500mah battery for the Pro then they obviously can make one for the 800W ....
    The Pro looks like it has a larger width/length battery (making the volume/capacity larger)

...Not that I am holding my breath but Siedio did say they would eventually release a regular size extended battery for the 800W ...
    I don't think they've said that. (I recall words like "considering").
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    ...Come on Seidio, we know you read this forum, so please hear your customers. With over 2 million Centros sold, and now the Treo 800w using the same battery, surely you have the marketplace for it....
    If they could have done it for the Centro, I'd think they'd have already released it.
    Quote Originally Posted by willysp View Post
    The Pro looks like it has a larger width/length battery (making the volume/capacity larger)

I don't think they've said that. (I recall words like "considering").
    Actual they did . we asked for a list of upcoming products and they listed it but with "NO ETA"

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168228

extended battery with door - Mid to late August
    Slim extended battery - No ETA yet
    Innodock JR - 7 to 10 days
    Retractable sync and charge cable- 7 to 10 days
    Quote Originally Posted by willysp View Post
    If they could have done it for the Centro, I'd think they'd have already released it.

At the time yes they couldnt but at the time the centro battery was made that was the size. Cells are getitng smaller and it seems according to the reports that Palm has an ultra slim 1500 battery avaliable for the pro so obviously its now possible (if that report of the slim 1500 is true) to make a slim 1500 battery. Batterys get smaller and smaller as technology gets better. so if its doable to make a slim battery with 1500 its doable for the centro/800W but ofcourse if the 1500 for the Pro is not true then still not possible. At the time the centro battery was made that was the size avalaibe. Palm never bothered to give the 800W its own battery and just gave it the centros .
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    Yeah, i'll check in a few here.

And btw... I thought I would tell you what my battery did today.

After I posted the 41% up above, here is what happened from there.

Let me remind you it switched back to EV, I have made NO calls, texts, or done anything. The phone has just sat. No IR on, BT, GPS, nothing. Just an idle phone.

12:04pm: 40%
    12:25pm: 35%
    1:00pm: 27%

This was fully charged at 8am this morning.

I dont have any more numbers for you cause I had to go charge it before I left for work so I didnt have to take my charger to work with me.

Are you checking for email every 1 minute?

My friend did not understand why his battery was killing over... stopped his phone from checking email and he is golden.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Are you checking for email every 1 minute?

My friend did not understand why his battery was killing over... stopped his phone from checking email and he is golden.
    Nope, no e-mail being checked. Hotmail is set to manually do it, and I only did it once tonight. Besides that, I dont have any other mail, and my RSS is set to refresh when I want too.

It seems though that if I have a battery issue that ends up doing like the above, a soft reset helps. I charged my phone for only like 15min before I left for work, and that was at about 1:15pm, and it was like 44% or so. It is 11:27pm and it is 34%

So I dont get why some days it just drains like crazy, then a reset makes it fine. Others, it stays charged for the longest time.

Something somewhere is faulty.
    Did you find out about the return policy?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    dont quote me but im almost positive if you have a defective phone it doesnt count against you as the one swap/return you get under 30 days. I believe it just continues counting down the 30 as in you dont get a new 30 period. But of course itll vary store to store, some reps will be nice about it and some wont. We all know how sprint follows their own rules to the letter
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    I'll have to do that tonight when I go in to work. I wasn't able to ask the mobile guys last night.

I'll be going in early to take it back today probably and swap back to my 700p. My guess is that if I swap back, then say another month or two I try another one, then I get another 30 days.

With other products, say you buy a CD burner and it goes bad, you have 30 days. Say you swap it for another and it sucks, you have 30 days on it. So every new item you have a new 30 days. With phones I dont know yet. I've never purchased from Best Buy till now on the phone side.

They told me to let customer service take it back cause the mobile guys get comped for their phone sales, so if I return it to them in their department they take a hit.

Just stupid business crap cause the Mobile dept is really a separate deal though it's still in the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    Thanks and good eyes. Yes, US Army 95B. Proud to have served the country that I love.
    Yup, me too. I go back a few years. Did my training at Ft McClellan, AL.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Yup, me too. I go back a few years. Did my training at Ft McClellan, AL.
    That's where I trained too. Small world, isn't it? I figured you must have been an MP to recognize the crossed pistols.