Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Oh no, not the troll spray can. I'm melting, I'm melting.......I guess that one hit a soft spot Mal. I forgot, you get how many hours of usage on one charge? Like 20?, have the clearest speaker, never missed a call, think the stylus is the best and all those apps work great on your screen. Then there is poor chong who thinks the 800 is an upgrade and its his fault it doesn't work even decent out of the box.

Alright, I'm out. I'll go hang out on the real boards.

Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Guys, seriously. There is something wrong with the audio. Go and get a Mogul and hear the difference.

I still want to stay with 800w.

I just wish most software would get to 320x320 screen! This is my biggest issue.

Also closing the X doesnt close the program. Need to go to Task Manager to kill it. This has been WM style.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    So far I never missed a call, my speaker is very clear and I get a whole day without a charge now. This is my honest time today , 1 day after all the fixes. I had 100% at 9am and its 9pm and its at 79% . I have made 4 phone calls about 10 minutes , about 12 texts .I chedked my Email 7-8 times and sent 4-5 emails and recievd about 20. I was reading the news on the internet (about 5 minutes) and I played 2 games of hearts and I was browing the TV guide program for about 7-8 minutes and phone has been on all day.. not power user numbers but a typical day and I will not charge it until tomorrow night at this point since Im goign to bed soon. so I can get 2 days on a charge now . not too bad. (Now if I am a power user I will not get 2 days but for a typical saturday this is what I get) . I dont think I am special but I have had barley an issue with this phone , ( I did return my first one becasue it did havw a problem with the battery and getting hot and the sound was not good with the headset . but that was defective )
    I also EASILY last a day on a charge, & have no audio issues that I've really noticed.

I'd gather that 90% of folks are satisfied...but don't let that stop anyone from spamming every theead.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Hey Jeff, now your telling people that its their fault that the 800 works poorly out of the box. Chang got this device coming from a Mogul. He is having the same legitimate issues most of us have faced. It is clearly not the end users fault. Its amazing how the fanboys have zero issues with their device yet the majority of us have. I know I'll be blasted for this but now people are being blamed? That's just a pathetic excuse. Let's use you 911 example. So if the car is crap off the lot its the new owners fault? Its Ok and admit there are issues. Its not a secret. Owners should not be at fault and they have the right to use whatever they want. At this point little things should work out of the box (items chang pointed out). Most of us agree with him. Maybe Palm will release a hardware fix soon.
    I don't know who Chang is, but I'm going to assume you're talking about Chong67. Other than the audio issue, none of the things he posted are actually defects.

The resolution is a new one...software doesn't update itself. Give the developers some time to update their programs for this new resolution.

I'm not so sure why it's so important that the phone be able to turn off completely, but this is nothing new with Palm devices either, and I'm almost positive it was the same case with the 6700. I'm not sure if the Mogul is different, though.

The memory cover LOOKS like it's going to break off...LOOKS. Never did he say it DID break off. This is the first time I've heard this complaint, so I'm not even sure that his definition of "looks like it's going to break off" is the same as others'.

Taking him a long time to take off the battery cover is also not a defect of the device. In fact, I'd consider that an advantage, as it means the device is built well.

The reset requiring you to pull out the battery is also nothing new on Palm devices, as well as many other WM devices. Actually, I guess it is new on Palm devices, since they used to have the reset hole, but even then you had to take off the battery cover, get out the stylus, and poke the hole. It's easier to pull out the battery.

The stylus is known to be bad, but it's still not a defect of the actual device. It doesn't really affect the performance of the device, as it still serves its function of poking the screen.

All that being said, no...most people do not agree with him. He pointed out things that he did not like about the device, but only one of them was actually a defect. It sounds to me like he is just not happy with the device because it does not meet his requirements. Another device would be better suited for him. However, there are plenty of people that like this device, and that find it the best device for their needs.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Oh no, not the troll spray can. I'm melting, I'm melting.......I guess that one hit a soft spot Mal. I forgot, you get how many hours of usage on one charge? Like 20?, have the clearest speaker, never missed a call, think the stylus is the best and all those apps work great on your screen. Then there is poor chong who thinks the 800 is an upgrade and its his fault it doesn't work even decent out of the box.

you forgot the little white lie about the gps only being assisted in service areas, but thats the customer's fault too i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I also EASILY last a day on a charge, & have no audio issues that I've really noticed.

I'd gather that 90% of folks are satisfied...but don't let that stop anyone from spamming every theead.
    you realize if any product had a 10% rate of major issues itd be WAY over the accepted recall rate on any other product right? Imagine if 10% of honda civics said "has airbags" and had the pieces in the car looking like there was 2 but only came with 1. You wouldnt accept that and be pissed off Id be more than willing to bet. And im sure you wouldnt go to autozone, if you could, and buy an airbag to try and fix the issue that should have never happened- youd be in line to sue the crap out of Honda, but now its ok on a phone though? You certainly wouldnt go recommending Honda to your friends, so how can u blame the people who feel screwed over now for saying bad things? But again, this is the new mentality of the American cellular sheeple to just accept the crap were given and deal with it whether it be lacking hardware vs the world, locked down devices like iphone and vzw, outright lies by manufacturers, and riddled with bugs. Just like the car and even iphone analogy you get the diehard fanboys who will buy any piece of crap the manufacturer makes because its "the best" no matter whats wrong with it or its shortcomings. Then someone has issues and vocalizes them and theyre "trolls" and "haters." No thats totally backwards mentality just like you wouldnt reprimand the 10% of honda owners for being pissed off.

there is WAY more than 2 or 3 people complaining about the few major issues.

earpiece http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=167130, plus one or two others

speaker crackling problems http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=169678, theres another just about the crackling and possibly being wifi interference

gps- dont need to quote its all over
    battery- same as above, about 15 on the first 2 pages of the forum

Id call that FAR from "everyone except a 2 or 3 whiners" are satisfied. Some of you may be, but youre not fooling anyone else by trying to convince yourself even 90% are happy with the bugs and lies in this device.

And to point out every other WM touchscreen PPC i know of has a reset hole- 700 series, 6700,6800,touch. puling the battery is stupid to have to do for a $.10 push switch soldered on.

All Palm has to do is step up and fix it and quick. They arent more than a few system and registry tweaks to adjust the earpiece levels and bass/treble, enable the standalone, and some power management fixes since theres nothing they can do to increase the mah since they cheaped out already to save $.05 per device sharing batteries with the centro.
    Last edited by klmsu19; 08/16/2008 at 11:15 PM.
    you realize if any product had a 10% rate of major issues itd be WAY over the accepted recall rate on any other product right? Imagine if 10% of honda civics said "has airbags" and had the pieces in the car looking like there was 2 but only came with 1.

He said 10% are not satisfied he didnt say they had have major issue and thats well below accepted amounts for electronic devices . Most electronc companiies would be thrilled with a 10% acceptance rate. 2nd you cant compare Car air bags where you need ZERO issues becasue if there is an issue with a air bag folks get killed and this is telephone quality and 3rd your using the word MAJOR issues.I dont see this as major issues. major issues is when the phone has a huge flaw that makes them un usable and most of us are using the 800W with no issue. . I see those threads and that a small majority of user of this phone/. there are tens of thousands of these phones sold . the folsk in those threads have legitimate issues BUT its such a small amount of folks and all those threads on the batterys were started LONG before the fixes and tweaks came about so that is deceiving.
    Quote Originally Posted by klmsu19 View Post
    you forgot the little white lie about the gps only being assisted in service areas, but thats the customer's fault too i suppose.
    Shhh. There's a little girl running around here with a can of troll spray who might get you if you're not careful.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    you realize if any product had a 10% rate of major issues itd be WAY over the accepted recall rate on any other product right? Imagine if 10% of honda civics said "has airbags" and had the pieces in the car looking like there was 2 but only came with 1.

He said 10% are not satisfied he didnt say they had have major issue and thats well below accepted amounts for electronic devices . Most electronc companiies would be thrilled with a 10% acceptance rate. 2nd you cant compare Car air bags where you need ZERO issues becasue if there is an issue with a air bag folks get killed and this is telephone quality and 3rd your using the word MAJOR issues.I dont see this as major issues. major issues is when the phone has a huge flaw that makes them un usable and most of us are using the 800W with no issue. . I see those threads and that a small majority of user of this phone/. there are tens of thousands of these phones sold . the folsk in those threads have legitimate issues BUT its such a small amount of folks and all those threads on the batterys were started LONG before the fixes and tweaks came about so that is deceiving.
    well the 10% returned them for a reason correct, mostly for some issue or werent satisfied enough with it to keep it. Besides the fact i HIGHLY doubt any electronic device has a 90% acceptance anyways let alone this Treo. Its good, but theres PLENTY of unsatisfied people across the different boards. and some of the "satisfied" group are even on their replacement for issues on their first, so you have to factor that in on top.

Xbox's were having a 10% failure rate and it made big news. ipods were at 13% and made big news. If this was the iphone itd be a HUGE stink. Just a relative thing that people dont really care about Palm that 10% would mean nothing here. Idk where youre getting 10% is VERY low, but may want to re-research that statement.

So if you get stranded somewhere and your phone doesnt work and you get murdered its not a major issue? You can easily compare them because as you wouldnt let someone sit in that seat you wouldnt want to use a phone for business that didnt work or as an emergency device. Similar life and death situations.

and i agree SOME, not all, people have issues but its the few fanboys who dont let people speak their minds unless its something good about their precious device. that serves no one and this 800 forum mine as well not exist at that point if its a one-sided story. no one would learn anything or be "informed"
    Last edited by klmsu19; 08/16/2008 at 11:25 PM.
    Hey Jeff, now your telling people that its their fault that the 800 works poorly out of the box. Chang got this device coming from a Mogul. He is having the same legitimate issues most of us have faced. It is clearly not the end users fault. Its amazing how the fanboys have zero issues with their device yet the majority of us have. I know I'll be blasted for this but now people are being blamed? That's just a pathetic excuse. Let's use you 911 example. So if the car is crap off the lot its the new owners fault? Its Ok and admit there are issues. Its not a secret. Owners should not be at fault and they have the right to use whatever they want. At this point little things should work out of the box (items chang pointed out). Most of us agree with him. Maybe Palm will release a hardware fix soon.
    So you're saying you would use a Porsche 911 for off-roading because you should be able to do what you want?

You're never borrowing my car.
    Jeff Kirvin
    Author of Between Heaven and Hell, a different kind of SF novel.
    Get it at eReader http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/5493
    or Fictionwise http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook29869.htm

For the sequel, check out eSerials at http://www.serialfiction.net

Listen to the Maximum Geek Podcast!
    http://www.solomedia.org/podcast/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I think it's funny that, for every single phone that comes out, a very vocal minority claoms that "most of us" have problems with our devices, and that those who don't are "fanboys". This, of course, despite survey after survey that always show that most are very happy with our devices.
    Exactly. The 800w is good enough that Sprint can't keep them in stock. Here's a radical idea if you don't like the 800w. Ignore it! Go away, leave us happy 800w owners in peace and find a phone you actually like! The rest is just tilting at windmills.
    Jeff Kirvin

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    i think he meant the right to choose and alternative if something isnt correct off the assembly line and not be ridiculed for saying its poor from personal experience with it

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin View Post
    Exactly. The 800w is good enough that Sprint can't keep them in stock. Here's a radical idea if you don't like the 800w. Ignore it! Go away, leave us happy 800w owners in peace and find a phone you actually like! The rest is just tilting at windmills.

you realize thats because they made less than the demanded amount right? each store only got a very few to sell
    You make the stupidest comparisons. If you're in an emergency situation, you're going to be calling people, not using GPS to try and find your way out. If you're somewhere where there is no cellular service, then you're screwed anyway. Plus, no murderer is going to sit there and wait for you to get a GPS lock, regardless of whether you have standalone GPS or not.

What you don't realize is that people who are unhappy complain and make their unhappiness known. They find forums, blogs, etc. to express their complaints. The people who are happy with the device just go on with their lives. Judging a device's quality or success rate using a forum is like judging a beauty pageant with a blindfold on...it can't be done.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    who gives a f*@! then? Who cares who bashes what phone? Taking it personal is the STUPIDEST part of all here instead of letting people freely express their thoughts which a forum is for- there will be good and bad equally. You can accept it and not get bent out of shape and let people say how they feel, or read other threads and not have to hear it if its that close to heart or something. Defending a cell phone to the death like its your son or daughter is the stupidest thing is this forum by far. If the people who are happy just go along then why are the fanboys the loudest here crying and bashing the people expressing an opinion just because it hurts your precious cell phone's reputation?
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Guys, seriously. There is something wrong with the audio. Go and get a Mogul and hear the difference.

I still want to stay with 800w.

I just wish most software would get to 320x320 screen! This is my biggest issue.

Also closing the X doesnt close the program. Need to go to Task Manager to kill it. This has been WM style.
    I own a Mogul and a Treo 800w. Please define what you mean by audio.

Most software works fine with the 800w screen. I'm sure you can find another bible reader or ask the developers of Pocket eSword if they can issue a patch. And you can dump Agile for BeeJive, which works perfectly and is free.

And as you say, all Windows Mobile devices smart minimize by default. Your point?
    Jeff Kirvin

Nobody's getting bent out of shape here...we're just saying that people like you go around bashing this phone regardless of what the thread topic is, and that's uncalled for. Sure, the opinions belong in this thread, but there are other threads that the opinions do not belong it.

I'm not saying that you do it (since I don't remember the usernames attached to posts that I've seen with this problem), but people like you do.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    nope i dont go around bashing anything as ive said i WANT them to fix the thing its a good device if the problems would just be fixed. This thread IS a regrets/returning it though so you have to expect bad opinions. And if its in a thread disrupting it im sure the mods will handle that, but this thread here and now IS for opinions about regrets and returns so you cant blame people for having some negative opinions. But that leads back to the point of so what? So someone bashed a hunk of plastic and wires. Big deal. People act like you shot their brother in an alley if you bash their phone that they use. Some people i think need a reminder of whats really important in life and what to be passionate about besides some plastic and chips.

And not you, but some others are WAY bent out of shape like youre hurting their personal reputation talking bad about their cell phone. Its simply stupid, its a freaking piece of plastic and circuits.

Actually, I get pretty much a full day out of my battery, the external speaker is clear enough when I'm not using A2DP (which is most of the time), never missed a call, flat out don't use the stylus so I don't care how crappy it is (say it with me, people, "one handed use"), and apps that don't work well on the 800w screen get replaced by those that do (using Spb Diary, which supports 320x320, instead of PocketBreeze, which doesn't). This really isn't that hard.

The people that are having show-stopper problems with the 800w are mostly trying to shove a square peg into a round hole.

A farmer had a gnarled, knotted tree in his yard. A neighbor came over and told him his tree was useless and ugly. It would never be any good for lumber or building. The farmer replied that the tree was perfect for shading him on a hot day and since it was no good for lumber, what would ever threaten it?

Use the Treo for what it's good for, and you'll be surprised just how good it is. It's not an iPhone. Get over it.
    Jeff Kirvin

klmsu19, please join nsxprime and VibrantGT and just buy a different friggin phone, and then go away. You've made it clear you don't like the 800w, and only a crazy person would persist in using something he didn't like rather than moving on to a better alternative. You're not crazy...

...are you?
    Jeff Kirvin

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    problem is its not trying to fit a square peg into a round hole- ok well a slim few are, but most are having issues with the core functions. People didnt buy this expecting an iphone and a lot of people have had Treos in the past and bought the 800 because the 700 series and earlier WERE solid performers, so we all know what the Treo's are good at. This one just simply doesnt live up to that standard.

You have to remember, again, just because an individual ISNT having the same issue doesnt mean it simply doesnt exist or were lying about it. Maybe quality control is crappy on these things. Im not trying to guess the reason for the wide range of experiences, but discounting the negative opinions is as silly as people who come here solely to bash it.

and i have my Touch that works well, but dont tell me what to do thanks buddy. Ill stay and post if i want to either way, owning it or not, but the fact the is the 800 is physically right next to me hoping for a fix soon, so i still own it. But thanks again forum police.

And im not crazy but obviously YOURE the one with the issue who cant follow forum rules and not post simply to post personal insults and having a god complex thinking you can boss people around. No ones stopping you from having a viewpoint on the device so youre in no position to dictate the discussion or who can participate. dont like what i say? tough crap
    Last edited by klmsu19; 08/17/2008 at 12:02 AM.
    klmsu19

Your not realizing what the issue is. No one is telling folks not to post there opinions but a few folks are going into threads that are not asking about problems with the 800W and are just bashing the phone for whatever reason. I would be as upset is someone was going around in threads and just posting "I LOVE THE 800W ITS THE BEST PHONE EVER" in threads. And folks who returned the 800W why keep complaing about it when you dont even own it anymnore. Its so obvious that these folks gave it up and want to feel like they did the right thing and want to hear everyone say they dont like it thats not gonna happen . the 800W is a great phone and thats my opinion (I speak only for myself). and I am not talking about you as your doing it in this thread but some of the other folks mentioned above ar ejust going thread to thread and bashing the 800W . You seem to have common sense . I am sure you can see thats wrong and uncalled for.
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast