1.    #1  
    This phone is advertised at 4 hours of talk time. When I woke up this morning with a fully charged phone I made one 14 minute call and one 56 minute call, for a total of 70 of my "supposed" 240 minutes of talk time. After hanging up I noticed my battery was at %49, at that rate I will get roughly 140 minutes talk time, a full 100 minutes less than advertised. My question is, are you guys experiencing the same under performance, or should I be calling and getting a new battery?
    Last edited by ShaffeyBoy; 08/05/2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Typo
    Get a new battery.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaffeyBoy View Post
    This phone is advertised at 4 hours of talk time. When I woke up this morning with a fully charged phone I made one 14 minute call and one 56 minute call, for a total of 80 of my "supposed" 240 minutes of talk time. After hanging up I noticed my battery was at %49, at that rate I will get roughly 160 minutes talk time, a full 80 minutes less than advertised. My question is, are you guys experiencing the same under performance, or should I be calling and getting a new battery?
    14 + 56 = 70
  4.    #4  
    Any change Sprint can hook me up with one since this one isn't really doing its job?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaffeyBoy View Post
    Any change Sprint can hook me up with one since this one isn't really doing its job?
    Most likely... Call or go into a store and tell them what's going on.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Maybe it's rated with the backlight off? Was your backlight on the whole time you were on your calls?
  7.    #7  
    No. I have it set to turn off after 30 seconds, and I have the brightness turned way down.
    i just got off a hour and 49 minute call and i have 54% of my battery left.

id say you prolly got a defective battery. my 1st 800 was like that too, a 40 minute call would drop it like 40%.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
  9.    #9  
    I sent out an email to sprint ecare, we'll see how it turns out.