Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Have had my Seidio holster for a few days now and have been puzzled as to why my ringer is always off even though I'm sure I turned it on.

Realized tonight that the raised letters for the model # "TR800AS-1" on the underside of the clip, with a bit of movement, slide the ringer switch enough to turn it off. Did a bit of experimenting and was able to easily recreate the problem with a bit of vibration and/or jostling.

Anyone else have this problem?

Suppose I could fix it with my Dremel drill, but shouldn't have to do that.
    it took me awhile to figure this out too. i thought my phone was defective but realized my seidio holster turns the ringer swith off also... really pissses me off. i'm hoping that the skinned case/holster combo solves this issue because it should make the switch "recessed" a bit once the phone is actually in the case. I hope i get my money back for the unskinned case.. but for now that is all I have and I insist on using a holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by willysp View Post
    Have had my Seidio holster for a few days now and have been puzzled as to why my ringer is always off even though I'm sure I turned it on.

Realized tonight that the raised letters for the model # "TR800AS-1" on the underside of the clip, with a bit of movement, slide the ringer switch enough to turn it off. Did a bit of experimenting and was able to easily recreate the problem with a bit of vibration and/or jostling.

Anyone else have this problem?

Suppose I could fix it with my Dremel drill, but shouldn't have to do that.
    Our Engineering group will look into it right away !

Seidio
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Our Engineering group will look into it right away !

Seidio
    Thanks
    Willy,

Thanks for the heads up. We were able to duplicate the problem and have decided to modify the top clip.

For those of you having this issue, please email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com, and I'll make sure you receive a replacement as soon as they arrive.

Thanks,
    And this is why I love this forum, exclusive support from Seidio. If I mention I'm part of the treocentral forum do I get a discount? ja ja ja just joking
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Willy,

Thanks for the heads up. We were able to duplicate the problem and have decided to modify the top clip.

For those of you having this issue, please email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com, and I'll make sure you receive a replacement as soon as they arrive.

Thanks,
    Excellent - I'm impressed with your response and action.

Thanks.
    Just a heads up to those who emailed me. The new 800w holsters are in so we'll be shipping out your replacements soon. I'll email you with all the details.

Thanks,
    Just a heads up to those who emailed me. The new 800w holsters are in so we'll be shipping out your replacements soon. I'll email you with all the details.
    Are all holsters being sent out fixed as well? i.e. if I purchased one today, would a fixed one be sent to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Are all holsters being sent out fixed as well? i.e. if I purchased one today, would a fixed one be sent to me?
    We are only shipping out the updated (fixed) ones.

Seidio
    We are only shipping out the updated (fixed) ones.

Seidio
    What are you doing with the old ones? Freebies?
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    What are you doing with the old ones? Freebies?
    Probably replacing the top clip, then shipping. The body of the holster is fine - just an issue with the top clip.
    I will be getting my 800w in the next hour or so, and I will be ordering a Seidio holster TONIGHT! Seidio's holsters can't be beat.
    I just received the replacement holster. It is a big improvement and does not easily effect the vibrate on/off switch at the top. Though with some serious moving, it can still move the switch, but the latch really has to sit firmly on the phone and you really have to shift the phone in the holster to do it. Unlike the original holster, just adjusting the position of the phone on your belt or removing the phone off the holster would be enough to move the vibrate on/off switch.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 08/18/2008 at 03:30 PM.
    I just realized I have a defective holster too. Glad I saw this thread!!!
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Before and after pics???
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Before and after pics???
    I'll post them tomorrow, unless someone else gets to it before I do.
    Yes please post a picture!
    Replacement holster on left - Original holster on right

As you can see, they are both practically identical. The only major difference is the replacement model has a slight gap between the phone and the top clip.
    I emailed Seidio support & didnt hear back but I figured I would ask here.

Is this combo:

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...R2HLTR800%2DBK

The same holster? Meaning if I wanted to not use the case portion, would the holster still work or is it a different model for the holster?

Thanks,
    Rich
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast