Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21  
    This is not the combo (Holster and case). The Combo should not effect the switch, since the case is probably would make it hard to effect the vibrate on/off switch with the holster.
  2. #22  
    More closeup photos of each holster...

    Replacement Seidio 800w holster (Phone just inserted in the case)





    Replacement Seidio 800w holster (Top clip pressed inward)




    Original Seidio 800w holster

  3. #23  
    Here's some photos with the screen facing outwards...







    Notice how the clip still holds the device in place.
  4. gr2gztch's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #24  
    I am thinking about getting this, so for the most part is everyone pleased with this holster?
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by gr2gztch View Post
    I am thinking about getting this, so for the most part is everyone pleased with this holster?
    Yes, I am. I got the combo (holster & case) with my 700wx. I tried 2 other holster. The Seidio with the spring clip held the device the best. I was pleased, I decided to go with them as well with the 800w. I decided to go with the spring clip only and not the combo, though I may buy the combo later.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Yes, I am. I got the combo (holster & case) with my 700wx. I tried 2 other holster. The Seidio with the spring clip held the device the best. I was pleased, I decided to go with them as well with the 800w. I decided to go with the spring clip only and not the combo, though I may buy the combo later.
    Is it pretty secure when in the holster ?
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Is it pretty secure when in the holster ?
    Yes. The only times the device fell out of the holster, was when I got my shirt caught with the phone in the holster, near the clip part. It's not a design flaw, just a wardrobe malfunction. Also make sure when you get in/out of a vehicle, that a seatbelt or other vehicle part, doesn't accidentally pull on the clip part. Still not a design flaw.
  8. #28  
    I went with just the holster for two reasons:

    1) i want to be able to swap batteries quickly without having to take the skin off all the time

    2) i dont want to make the phone itself bulkier or add weight, also if i opt to put it in my pocket its easy to pull out.

    I have the original case with the design flaw. It is VERY secure, and now I load it screen out which does not flip the ringer switch and allows me to use the device while it's still in the holster. It does block the shift and enter buttons but still allows for me to answer the phone and do most functions without removing it from the case

    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Yes, I am. I got the combo (holster & case) with my 700wx. I tried 2 other holster. The Seidio with the spring clip held the device the best. I was pleased, I decided to go with them as well with the 800w. I decided to go with the spring clip only and not the combo, though I may buy the combo later.
  9. #29  
    Forgot to mention the one problem with loading the phone in the holster screen out. The already quiet speaker is completely muffled then. Seidio should have cut out a hole here in the back of the holster to allow the speaker to be heard. I suppose this could be accomplished with a 1/2" drill bit but obviously a risky mod.

    Since I bought my holster from an ebay store I am not sure if Seidio will honor my replacement. I am talking to the seller and Seidio right now but it's already becoming too much of a hassle.

    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    I went with just the holster for two reasons:

    1) i want to be able to swap batteries quickly without having to take the skin off all the time

    2) i dont want to make the phone itself bulkier or add weight, also if i opt to put it in my pocket its easy to pull out.

    I have the original case with the design flaw. It is VERY secure, and now I load it screen out which does not flip the ringer switch and allows me to use the device while it's still in the holster. It does block the shift and enter buttons but still allows for me to answer the phone and do most functions without removing it from the case
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    Forgot to mention the one problem with loading the phone in the holster screen out. The already quiet speaker is completely muffled then. Seidio should have cut out a hole here in the back of the holster to allow the speaker to be heard. I suppose this could be accomplished with a 1/2" drill bit but obviously a risky mod.

    Since I bought my holster from an ebay store I am not sure if Seidio will honor my replacement. I am talking to the seller and Seidio right now but it's already becoming too much of a hassle.
    we350z,

    While some devices may work facing out, our holsters are actually designed to carry it face-in to protect the screen.

    I'm sorry this seems like a hassle, but your product was purchased from an ebay store so unfortunately you'll need to handle the exchange through them.

    Thanks,
  11. #31  
    Don't all Seidio products carry a manufacturer warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    we350z,

    While some devices may work facing out, our holsters are actually designed to carry it face-in to protect the screen.

    I'm sorry this seems like a hassle, but your product was purchased from an ebay store so unfortunately you'll need to handle the exchange through them.

    Thanks,
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    we350z,

    While some devices may work facing out, our holsters are actually designed to carry it face-in to protect the screen.

    Thanks,
    I've been thinking... this is a very one-sided way of thinking. The best design would support carrying the device either way. That means having at least several small holes in the back for the speaker to sound through and not obstructing the lower keys on the bottom extremity of the device. I don't think I should be the one telling this to a big company shouldn't your design engineers have thought of this?
  13. willysp's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
       #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by gr2gztch View Post
    I am thinking about getting this, so for the most part is everyone pleased with this holster?
    Yes, this is my 3rd Seidio holster, and all have worked well. Phone has nevern fallen out or been scratched/marked by case. Good designs (minor issue with this one that they fixed very quickly)
  14. willysp's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
       #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    I've been thinking... this is a very one-sided way of thinking. The best design would support carrying the device either way. That means having at least several small holes in the back for the speaker to sound through and not obstructing the lower keys on the bottom extremity of the device. I don't think I should be the one telling this to a big company shouldn't your design engineers have thought of this?
    Carrying the device on a hip holster with unprotected screen facing out would asking for trouble IMO. I can't imagine it lasting very long before an accidental bump on something cracks the screen.
  15. willysp's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
       #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    ...Since I bought my holster from an ebay store I am not sure if Seidio will honor my replacement. I am talking to the seller and Seidio right now but it's already becoming too much of a hassle.
    I made a quick mod to my original case while waiting for the replacement to come.

    I used a utility knife to scrape off the first 1/4" of letters on the underside of the clip. Worked great - it's not hard to fix the problem yourself.
  16. #36  
    Ahh good call i didn't even notice the letter were there lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by willysp View Post
    I made a quick mod to my original case while waiting for the replacement to come.

    I used a utility knife to scrape off the first 1/4" of letters on the underside of the clip. Worked great - it's not hard to fix the problem yourself.
  17. #37  
    BTW - Seidio contacted me today to notify me that I will be receiving a replacement holster. I am very pleased with their customer service.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions