Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I went to my LSS (Local Sprint Store) and bought the official Sprint Portable Power Pack, a bargain at 1/2 off. 1700some whopping mA of long-lasting power! Now to dig though my trash and retrieve a rubber band from a bunch of asparagus to hold them together, locate a case, and I'll be good to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is a carnival, believe it or not,
    Life is a carnival, two bits a shot
    How Much $$$?
    Sprint Portable Power Pack, cost $50.

Great idea 1oddmanout.
    1oddmanout, did it cost you $50 or half of that? For $25 I'll buy one and I don't even really need it .
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I paid less than $20 for one on Ebay.
  6.    #6  
    I told the store that I could get one on the net for $30 (inc. S&H), and the associate asked someone, "what's the discount code?". The reply, "50%". So, $26.25 out the door. Yeah, gotta have one in anycase; I've tended to go to the hospital frequently this ear, and always included a battery charger in my "hospital kit" I keep on me . This replaces that.
    Life is a carnival, believe it or not,
    Life is a carnival, two bits a shot
    I just carry a extra battery with me if I know I'm going to using my phone non stop. Much more compact. hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    I just carry a extra battery with me if I know I'm going to using my phone non stop. Much more compact. hehe
    I also have a travel charger and car charger. I also carry a spare battery in this charger:

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family

I've rarely needed the second battery, but it's good to know I can (a) swap batteries if I need to, and (b) charge my phone and/or spare battery using either of my chargers.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Well I may see about getting a Sprint Portable Power Pack, if I can get it for about $25. If I need more than 1 battery's worth of power, I'd prefer the Power Pack. Since it can charge the Treo 800w multiple times over before needing another charge.

One Treo 800w battery cost about $30, so if I can get a Power Pack that does multiple charges for around that price or less, it's too good a buy to pass up.

Hint to TreoCentral, you might want to start stocking the Sprint Portable Power Pack in your online store .
    Sprint turned me down for the discount on the charger.

Reason: I'm already on SERO and they just discounted my 800w to $349 even though I didn't qualify for my 2 year discount.

lol, fair enough

But, even better...

I just picked up the darn thing on eBay for $12.98 and that was WITH shipping.

nice.

seller still has more...
    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    You bought two and are sending me one?

Right?

Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You bought two and are sending me one?

Right?

Right?
    lol, go get the other one now! link is above...

Here's my (less bulky?) $30 solution to get 3500mAh on the go.

(The battery charger obviously stays at home.)

Did I mention no wires?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol, go get the other one now! link is above...
    Oh sure, make me spend my own money on it.

(Other one ordered.)
    Sprint turned me down for the discount on the charger.

Reason: I'm already on SERO and they just discounted my 800w to $349 even though I didn't qualify for my 2 year discount.

lol, fair enough

But, even better...

I just picked up the darn thing on eBay for $12.98 and that was WITH shipping.

nice.

seller still has more...
    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
    preciate the link i just got one too
    Feh, I already bought the spare battery and charger from Palm. Interestingly, though, I haven't had to use it yet.
    I went to the Sprint store today, they were asking for $50 and my telling them I saw them cheaper online didn't convince them to try and give me any discounts. So I did not buy theirs.

I just picked up one on Ebay, assuming the seller is legit. All together I'm paying $21.94 for it, but that's cheaper than 50% off the Sprint MSRP and even less than the cost of a new Treo 800w battery. I don't even really need it, but at those Ebay prices, too good a deal to miss. And at some point who knows, I may need it.
    lol, I almost bought the Ebay one myself but then thought why? I don't need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    lol, I almost bought the Ebay one myself but then thought why? I don't need it.
    yeah, I don't really "need" it either, but for $13...lol.

Also, since it's sort of a universal charger, I figured I can also do my a2dp headphones, BT headset or any other device, mostly for emergency use.

welcome darnell & badboy8813!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Oh sure, make me spend my own money on it.

(Other one ordered.)
    Yeah, technically your work on the WM6 700wx was worth at least $13, lol. Next time

Yeah, technically your work on the WM6 700wx was worth at least $13, lol. Next time
    More like $12.98
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast