Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Here ya go

$13.00 shipped. Probably no cable, which you can get at discount cell...there are links to that on this forum somewhere
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    EXTRA high capacity power pack, two for $10, today only!
    www.woot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    EXTRA high capacity power pack, two for $10, today only!
    www.woot.com
    This will not have enough juice to power a Treo 800w via USB charging cable, you will need at least 1000mA:

Here are the specs of this device: USB - 5V DC (250mA)

and I am not sure you can even have enough power to charge it via regular charger as they advertise.
    another question. should i just get a micro usb charging cable from ebay? or is it really recommended to get the one from discountcell?
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    another question. should i just get a micro usb charging cable from ebay? or is it really recommended to get the one from discountcell?
    Get whatever is the best deal. So long as it's a MicroUSB CHARGE ONLY cable it should work fine.
    How's the Sprint Power Pack working for you folks, if you try to actually use the Treo 800w while the Power Pack is connected for charging? This week was the first time I was really in need of it and I found the performance was disappointing when charging and actually using the 800w. I found while not using anything, the Sprint Power Pack charges the 800w just fine. But if you're using applications while trying to charge with the Sprint Power Pack, I was seeing a DECLINE in battery life while the Sprint Power Pack was connected.

I'm not usually in situations where I need it, so I'm not sure if my case was an uncommon occurrence. But have you other folks using the Sprint Power Pack found that it keeps charging your 800w fine if you're actually using the 800w while trying to charge?
    i use the power pack all the time (when needed, of course) and i love it. it's really great if you travel/commute and spend the time surfing the web or playing games on the 800w. generally it charges my phone slowly as i use it, pretty fast if i leave it alone. make sure you use a charge only cable... with my data/charge cable it is really slow.
    Yea I was using a charge only cable (see earlier in this thread when we started testing those out), but perhaps I was too impatient. I'll have to give it another chance later.
    Just wanted to give an update - I've been using MASPware GPSMeter to track my routes, with the 800w connected to the Sprint Power Pack. I started out with 70% charge on the 800w, and after about 20 minutes of using the GPS, the charge was at 99% The readout on the power pack was at half charge left.

Going to see how well this works using WiFi and Skyfire (now that is a serious battery draining combo).
    Last edited by DryBear; 03/09/2009 at 03:33 PM. Reason: typos corrected
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    Just wanted to give an update - I've been using MASPware GPSMeter to track my routes, with the 800w connected to the Sprint Power Pack. I started out with 70% charge on the 80w, and after about 20 minutes of using the GPS, the charge was at 99% The readout on the power pack was at half charge left.

Going to see how well this works using WiFi and Skyfire (not that is a serious battery draining combo).
    And when you started your Sprint Power Pack was at 100% full?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    And when you started your Sprint Power Pack was at 100% full?
    I would say it was 90-100% full
    When you charge your Sprint Portable Power Pack, do you charge beyond when all 4 lights are green? Till all the lights go out? You know it's fully charged when all the lights go out during charging. (Although testing it after you remove the charger it will show all 4 lights green.)
    Come to think of it, when I was charging it, the 4 lights were still on. Is there a manual for the pack online somewhere? My ebay special just came with the pack and a motorola charger
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    Come to think of it, when I was charging it, the 4 lights were still on. Is there a manual for the pack online somewhere? My ebay special just came with the pack and a motorola charger
    Yea I got the same when I brought mine off Ebay. I guess the one from the Sprint store that has all the OEM accessories and packaging has a manual, but I've never found one online.

I noticed after letting mine charge once overnight, that the lights go out once it's really 100% charged. Anything other than that is not going to give you the best results.

If you start charging it when it's at or near empty, it will take possibly more than a night's sleep to reach the point where the lights go out.
    I ended up using Cody's Patch and turning off the IR crap, and my battery lasted all day, plus it's still at 80% an I use it often

So just a heads up, the best way to get max performance is charge for 24hrs let it drain down, then start charing it when needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by gr33nd3vil View Post
    I ended up using Cody's Patch and turning off the IR crap, and my battery lasted all day, plus it's still at 80% an I use it often

So just a heads up, the best way to get max performance is charge for 24hrs let it drain down, then start charing it when needed.
    I'm sure turning off unessential things like IR helps, but intentionally draining your battery down on a continual basis is a bad idea. You will greatly shorten the life of the battery. These are not the old school batteries, that needed a full drain and charge cycle on going for maximum performance. Lithium Ion batteries work best when you keep them well charged. They are conditioned over time and perform better ongoing.

How to prolong lithium-based batteries
    Just found another product that is similar to the Sprint Power Pack. It's called Zpowerpac, actually there are 2 of them, Zpowerpac7 and Zpowerpac13. Zpowerpac7 is weaker than the Sprint Portable Power Pack, so my eyes are on Zpowerpac13.

The Sprint Power Pack is basically a 2200 mAh charging unit. (Zpowerpac7 is only 2100 mAh.) Zpowerpac13 is 4200 mAh and only cost $50!!! If found it on sale here and here. There is a review here.

While on a recent flight I saw it mentioned in "Sky magazine". 2000 mAh more than my Sprint Power Pack at a nice price. I'm pondering if I'll go ahead and buy one! (I have not yet needed more than my Sprint Power Pack can provide, but you never know...)
    I have figured out the 800 battery issue a long time ago. You carry 6 extra batteries with you. I have 2 in my pocket, 3 in my wife's purse, each kid has 1. It's a family affair.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345