Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Perhaps you should get the USB Charge Only Cable from DiscountCell. Cost me all of $6.94 total. Or buy 2 and take one apart to see how it works?
    Oh I know how they work. Basically they don't have any wires for the data, only the one power.

I mocked one up using paper to cover the data wires. It still doesn't work.

I even tried a hard reset, still no joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Oh I know how they work. Basically they don't have any wires for the data, only the one power.

I mocked one up using paper to cover the data wires. It still doesn't work.

I even tried a hard reset, still no joy.
    If you made one based on the model you thought is used in the USB Charge Only Cable from DiscountCell and yours does not work, I think that confirms an error in your design.

Maybe you didn't place the paper right or something, assuming your thoughts of how the USB Charge Only Cable works are correct, or maybe current is being carried past the paper somehow, but for less than $7 you would not have to worry with that.
    If you made one based on the model you thought is used in the USB Charge Only Cable from DiscountCell and yours does not work, I think that confirms an error in your design.

Maybe you didn't place the paper right or something, assuming your thoughts of how the USB Charge Only Cable works are correct, or maybe current is being carried past the paper somehow, but for less than $7 you would not have to worry with that.
    Yup, I'm gonna buy one and see what it looks like.
    Just got my USB Charge Only Cable from DiscountCell. As soon as I connected it to the Power Pack with it already connected to the Treo 800w, the top light on the Treo IMMEDIATELY lit up. A pleasant sight.
    Did you see the Motorola multifunction charger they have? Has a USB cable that plugs into a wall adapter or a car adapter. I wonder if the USB cable works like your charge only cable?

On another note, I bought an aftermarket wall charger to have at the office, it charges the unit as fast as the factory one but it does have a glitch. If it's connected for more than about 15 minutes, when I unplug it from the phone, the LED on the phone doesn't go out. If I plug the OEM headset into the phone, the LED goes out again. Plugging and unplugging the wall adapter into the phone within a few minutes acts normally.
    Got mine form Discount cell and it works. I ahd 82 % and pluged it in and in 15 minutes it was at 100% . Pretty good for when I am on the road.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Levman View Post
    Has anyone who ordered a Sprint Power Pack on eBay, sans charging cable, purchased a charging cable from the above referenced link (or some other source)? If so, did it work?

Silly me, I ordered a Sprint Power Pack on eBay, before reading the forum entries about the data/charging cable not working with it. Before I spend additional $$$s on a charging cable, I'd like to make sure I'm ordering one that actually works ...
    Yes
    Can somebody post a link to usb charge cable at discountcell.com? I just want to make sure I will buy the correct thing. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I bought mine on ebay for $3ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I bought mine on ebay for $3ish.
    But how much did you pay for shipping? The Discountcell cable has 0.99 shipping.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Go to ebay and type "microusb cable". Then sort my lowest price + lowest shipping. Mine is $3ish with shipping.

For cable I am not so critical.

For chargers and cable, I am.
    Thanks.
  13.    #74  
    Heard somewhere that the Power Pack is slow to charge up the 800w. Just tried it out - 38% to 100% in 74 minutes with two lights still on the Power Pack using the cables supplied.
    Life is a carnival, believe it or not,
    Life is a carnival, two bits a shot
    Have anybody tried Seidio sync and charge cable? Does it charge fast?

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...tCode=CBUDPMCR
  15. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    When are you going to need and have this with you outside of the car?
    are the power packs still for sale. i just checked ebay. nada
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    You can still get them online from Sprint directly or at your local Sprint store. Some stores carry it and some do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    I got it about 2 weeks ago from the ebay link on this site. It is a pretty neat device. Sprint stores do carry it, but the price is significantly higher. also available on sprint.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tahkuct View Post
    I got it about 2 weeks ago from the ebay link on this site. It is a pretty neat device. Sprint stores do carry it, but the price is significantly higher. also available on sprint.com
    Yes buying direct from Sprint costs more, but you also get the charge only cable included . That does not really make up for the Sprint-Ebay price difference, but perhaps if someone can only buy from Sprint that will make them feel better .

Even at $50 it cost less than Seidio's 2600 extended battery and can power the Treo 800w way longer, including the fact the existing battery stays in .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast