Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Also, since it's sort of a universal charger, I figured I can also do my a2dp headphones, BT headset or any other device, mostly for emergency use.
    Good point, it can be used for more than the Treo 800w.

For me, getting a Sprint Portable Power Pack really is not a matter of whether I "need" it right now, but more a question of will I possibly have a need for it some day? Meaning, over the course of the next year or 2 years, will there be 1 day or more where I'm in a position where I desire more battery life? I think in an over 300-700 day span, it's very possible the day will come, more than once. So for that price the purchase is a good one. I mean even if I'm stuck in an airport without access to a power outlet once for longer than I desire, the Sprint Portable Power Pack will make for a handy backup while sitting around waiting for a flight. Or even if I need power while "in flight" .
    True, but when that time comes will you have your power pack with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    True, but when that time comes will you have your power pack with you?
    That's like asking, if I go to the airport will I have my luggage with me ?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I snagged one as well. Great find! And I even already had an extra battery that I got my Sprint Store to give me after complaining. And I've already had to swap it today. Off Charger at 7:30 dead by 2pm. ... my 9 week old puppy is crying at this battery life.
    yeah, I don't really "need" it either, but for $13...lol.

Also, since it's sort of a universal charger, I figured I can also do my a2dp headphones, BT headset or any other device, mostly for emergency use.
    I'll need it for camping, when I have limited access to power but do not want to turn off my phone as I (mostly) having roaming.

Yeah, technically your work on the WM6 700wx was worth at least $13, lol. Next time
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    More like $12.98
    Hey! The dozens and dozens of hours I spent messing around with customizing the WM5 and WM6 ROM's is worth at least the two cents more!

Actually, Chris (zimmy6996) was kind enough to send me $20 via Paypal. $10 of that went towards this, so it was a contribution much appreciated.

Still waiting for your PayPal "donation" Mal. Otherwise I might need to "pursuade" you, and by "persuade" I mean "activate-the-trojan-on-your-Treo".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Still waiting for your PayPal "donation" Mal. Otherwise I might need to "pursuade" you, and by "persuade" I mean "activate-the-trojan-on-your-Treo".
    rotfl

I can donate...send me your paypal!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    rotfl

I can donate...send me your paypal!
    I jest! I'm planning on selling the key to activating the trojan on your Treo to BGR so they can scoop you on all your stories.

But seriously, if you're interested....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I jest! I'm planning on selling the key to activating the trojan on your Treo to BGR so they can scoop you on all your stories.

But seriously, if you're interested....
    lol, come friday (pay day) you get some $$

From me as well. I almost kept my 700wx just because of the work eBag did with WM6.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    From me as well. I almost kept my 700wx just because of the work eBag did with WM6.
    Aww. I'm touched. Gonna cry.

*sniffle*
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1oddmanout View Post
    I went to my LSS (Local Sprint Store) and bought the official Sprint Portable Power Pack, a bargain at 1/2 off. 1700some whopping mA of long-lasting power! Now to dig though my trash and retrieve a rubber band from a bunch of asparagus to hold them together, locate a case, and I'll be good to go.
    nice find! :tup: i'll prolly order one and give it to someone i know who really needs it.

i need something that's battery powered. the set up i used for my 700wx allowed me to power it with either a 9volt or a six AA battery pack. it's mainly used for travel or emergencies and AA batteries are cheap, easy to find, and readily available
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    nice find! :tup: i'll prolly order one and give it to someone i know who really needs it.

i need something that's battery powered. the set up i used for my 700wx allowed me to power it with either a 9volt or a six AA battery pack. it's mainly used for travel or emergencies and AA batteries are cheap, easy to find, and readily available
    That is a....unique....solution.

It's too bad the 800w doesn't support (true) trickle charging. Otherwise you could easily hook a small solar panel up to it. Unfortunatly you need to supply a minimum of 500 mA for it to charge.....
    Here's my (less bulky?) $30 solution to get 3500mAh on the go.

(The battery charger obviously stays at home.)

Did I mention no wires?
    I understand the two battery concept of course, but what is that case there?
  14.    #34  
    Thanks for all the replies, and maintaining the humorous tone I intended . What amazing ingenuity shown on this site; such a shame that Palm/Sprint didn't show the same. C'mon Seidio with an upgrade.
    Life is a carnival, believe it or not,
    Life is a carnival, two bits a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by wwejason View Post
    I understand the two battery concept of course, but what is that case there?
    Not a case, it's a battery charger I got from eBay for about $9. It charges a battery from 30% to full in about 2 hours.

(See attachment for a different angle)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    OK Just got this from ebay. Anyone else. I had it plugged in for 7 hours and it never hit 100% charge ( 4 lights) but it did charge NOW my question. I hooked it up to my 800 but the red LED does not go on to show a charge like when I use the wall charger so I am not sureif it is charging. ( Tomorrow i am going to let it sit for 2 hours and see but its 2am here and I am going to bed) should the red light go on to show a charge and is yours going on if you got it from ebay.

Thanks!
    What is the amp hour rating if this device?

ETA:
    2180 mah
    Last edited by instrmntuvdeth; 08/09/2008 at 01:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I will be getting my new 800w next week for $255 from fleabay :-)

I saw the battery. It is small. It look like the same size for the Axim x51v.

The battery for the Mogul is twice as large.

I am afraid if you run program like Agile Messenger or Skype on it, it will be drained in 45 minutes. I know even though I dont have the 800w yet.
    Well left it on this thing for 2 hours and it lost battery so it aint charging my 800W . Maybe this one is defective or maybe it doesnt have enough power to charge a 800W. I will email the seller and request a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Well left it on this thing for 2 hours and it lost battery so it aint charging my 800W . Maybe this one is defective or maybe it doesnt have enough power to charge a 800W. I will email the seller and request a new one.
    huh,

it should work as the OP's does (see his pics; light is on. that's why I ordered mine)...

BUT

The original version should come with multiple plugs for the device. Look at his pic #2 and you'll see his USB cables says "For Charging Only"--that's not the our normal Treo cable.

So, I'm not sure if the one you bought came with the appropriate cables (if any)--if not, a trip to Radio Shack may solve the problem. I think there are distinctions between "sync and charge" cables vs. just charge.

That may fix your problem (and soon perhaps our problem for those of us awaiting our packages!).

example:
    http://www.discountcell.com/cellular/pn/Motorola_USBV9

that should work...
    Last edited by Malatesta; 08/09/2008 at 05:14 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast