1.    #1  
    I've had a treo since the first week of the 600 then the 700 and now the 800 and this week I was reminded that in the 600 you were able to assign keys on the keyboard if pressed for a few seconds would start a program, much like you can set speed dial a contact.....anyone know how to do it on the 800?

Much appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by yitzchakis1 View Post
    I've had a treo since the first week of the 600 then the 700 and now the 800 and this week I was reminded that in the 600 you were able to assign keys on the keyboard if pressed for a few seconds would start a program, much like you can set speed dial a contact.....anyone know how to do it on the 800?

Much appreciated!
    I'm not sure on how to do that. You can assign the keys to have a second function by using the + option key.
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    Quote Originally Posted by yitzchakis1 View Post

Much appreciated!
    I know exactly what you are saying... Ive been trying to do that as well... cant figure it out.... I could do that on my Moto Q.... but that's a WM smart phone platform.....
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I've also been trying to make this work.

Trying to get more literate on WM, I found the following website:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...27/562162.aspx

It lists the following tip, which doesn't seem to work on the 800w. Was this functionality removed in 6.1, or is it an 800w WM implementation bug?

Speed dial apps. ... But you can also assign applications to speed dial keys. From the home screen, hit Start, select the application you want, and then choose Menu->Add To Speed Dial. Once you have a number or application on speed dial, you can go to the home screen and press and hold that number to call or run it. For instance, if you assigned my ToggleBTh button to speed dial slot 2, you can turn Bluetooth on and off by just pressing and holding 2 from the home screen.