Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    In case anyone else is interested; I emailed iNav's support team about their upcoming iGuidance 2009 product, and the response was (in a nutshell) that they probably won't be adding 320x320 until that resolution is adopted by multiple PPC mfr's. Bummer!
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    In case anyone else is interested; I emailed iNav's support team about their upcoming iGuidance 2009 product, and the response was (in a nutshell) that they probably won't be adding 320x320 until that resolution is adopted by multiple PPC mfr's. Bummer!
    That's a crock because it has already been adopted by both Palm and Samsung.... Not to mention that it is a standard WM6 resolution...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    That really sucks. Sounds like 800w owners will never get the best GPS software because 320x320 is already dead since VGA screens will become the norm.
    Just goes to show you who the bad developers are. I don't understand why 320 x 320 is so difficult to develop for. I've worked on Windows Mobile applications and it's very easy to have them automatically scale to any resolution. Why companies develop for specific resolutions is beyond me but whatever.

I view this as a blessing. If they can't get something as simple as this working, what guarantee do you have that they didn't screw up something else?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Too bad TomTom doesn't seem likely to sell TT7 for us to use either. I'd love to upgrade my TT6 with a legit version of TT7 and new US maps.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Too bad TomTom doesn't seem likely to sell TT7 for us to use either. I'd love to upgrade my TT6 with a legit version of TT7 and new US maps.
    Here, here! I definitely could use an updated map at least... I don't understand why the maps are half again as expensive as the software... LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Have you tried it on the 800w? The reason I ask is I used Garmin on my 700wx and now on my 800w and I couldn't tell the difference between the two.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I don't have a microSD card yet (still deciding on Sprint before I buy accessories), so I can't test the program fully. But I've installed my old version (3.01) and in the dialog box "can't find maps on the storage card" it's pretty obvious that something is awry with the screen. And someone else reported that it doesn't work properly in the "software working/non-working" thread. If I pick up a microSD card I'll give it a whirl just for kicks, but I suspect it'll fail.