Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Can someone please tell me how to remove the Activesync tray icon that shows on the bottom right corner of the Treo 800w when Activesync is connected?
    I have no such icon.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    do you see it all the time, or only when connected via BT?
    the AS icon is only present when you have an active sync session. Once it's over, X out of the AS program, and the taskbar icon will go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    the AS icon is only present when you have an active sync session. Once it's over, X out of the AS program, and the taskbar icon will go away.
    I'm connected to an AS session with my PC right now and... no icon in the phone's task tray...

How did the OP get an icon in his task tray for AS?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    My Activesync tray icon is always there. Now if only I could get it to do something. It does not see my 800w when plugged in through usb.

Update: nm, It is working again after reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    My Activesync tray icon is always there. Now if only I could get it to do something. It does not see my 800w when plugged in through usb.

Update: nm, It is working again after reset.
    That's on the desktop, not the phone...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Well, I always connect to AS using bluetooth. So, I am not sure what's the icon's behavior otherwise.

As lawmangrant mentioned the icon only appears when there is a current AS session going on and then disappears.
    Can someone please tell me how to get rid of it completely...
    Quote Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
    Well, I always connect to AS using bluetooth. So, I am not sure what's the icon's behavior otherwise.

As lawmangrant mentioned the icon only appears when there is a current AS session going on and then disappears.
    Can someone please tell me how to get rid of it completely...
    Maybe it is because you are connecting via BT. I connect via USB and I've never seen it. Have you tried tapping and holding to bring up a context menu? Maybe there's an option in there to hide?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I do not think that your able to completely get rid of it. I would throw this towards to software guru's and see if they have a solution (ie...hack) to this.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Maybe it is because you are connecting via BT. I connect via USB and I've never seen it. Have you tried tapping and holding to bring up a context menu? Maybe there's an option in there to hide?
    Tapping and holding pops up a little window with options to disconnect and hide status.. clicking on hide status just pulls the window down and the little tray icon still stays..