Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I got hulu.com to run (massive collection of movies and television shows with mininal ads) Wow. Now how do I keep the treo permenantly bright while watching hulu?
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Try

Opt + 6 = SmartFit
    Even with smart fit, you still have to first zoom in to a certain point in order to read clearly. You might still need to move the view left or right to see what's on the margins. You still have to wait for the page to render when you scroll up or down.

In other words, it still doesn't beat Opera Mobile for pure text viewing. I don't know how that can be argued.
    Audio working fine now. Must have needed a reset.
    Can't get the link!!!!! It keeps saying already registered. Put in info for my friend...w/ Gizmodo.... and it took it.

I'm using the original e-mail address and phone number.????
    Quote Originally Posted by vanishersprinteruser View Post
    Even with smart fit, you still have to first zoom in to a certain point in order to read clearly. You might still need to move the view left or right to see what's on the margins. You still have to wait for the page to render when you scroll up or down.

In other words, it still doesn't beat Opera Mobile for pure text viewing. I don't know how that can be argued.
    True, but it's still beta

Speaking of, I heard the "official" beta for Opera Mobile does not do the smart text wrap like the "leaked/ripped" one from the Touch Diamond--that's an important distinction too.

Either way, I still feel trying to squeeze a 1020 screen down to 320 is pretty stupid, but this makes it a bit easier if only for the proxy speed increase, lol.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by eJonny View Post
    Gizmodo just worked for me..... I think the CNET100 is exhausted.....
    CNET 100 just worked for me now...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by hlazar View Post
    I got hulu.com to run (massive collection of movies and television shows with mininal ads) Wow. Now how do I keep the treo permenantly bright while watching hulu?
    Yeah, it's terrific to be able to access hulu.com - I don't have an answer to that question, but it would be great to not have to hit the D-pad every minute to keep the lights on.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    either I'm not doing something right, or Skyfire doesn't support connection over Wi-Fi only...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Yeah, it's terrific to be able to access hulu.com - I don't have an answer to that question, but it would be great to not have to hit the D-pad every minute to keep the lights on.
    My suggestion would be to change the settings for the backlight to not turn off while you're watching.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    My suggestion would be to change the settings for the backlight to not turn off while you're watching.
    I can certainly do that, but my over-40 memory will undoubtedly forget to switch it back.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I can certainly do that, but my over-40 memory will undoubtedly forget to switch it back.
    Hah! I understand... I was going to suggest a mort script to turn it off and on but you'd still have to remember to run the script...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuitarGuy View Post
    either I'm not doing something right, or Skyfire doesn't support connection over Wi-Fi only...
    Turned off my cell radio and I'm using wifi just fine...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hlazar View Post
    Are you able to press the full screen button? I'm having this problem with YouTube as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    Are you able to press the full screen button? I'm having this problem with YouTube as well.
    I couldn't press full screen; however, you can zoom so that it pretty much takes the entire Treo screen, so it's the next best thing.

The only video-related issue I have is that you can't seem to manipulate YouTube's volume slider.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I couldn't press full screen; however, you can zoom so that it pretty much takes the entire Treo screen, so it's the next best thing.

The only video-related issue I have is that you can't seem to manipulate YouTube's volume slider.
    The problem with the zoom is that you cut off some of the video. So it seems for now PIE or Vtap is still the best for Flash videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    The problem with the zoom is that you cut off some of the video. So it seems for now PIE or Vtap is still the best for Flash videos.
    You can adjust the zoom size.

Annoyingly enough, you have to fiddle with it amost every time.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You can adjust the zoom size.

Annoyingly enough, you have to fiddle with it amost every time.
    Thank you! Works great that way, but if I could change anything, I would make it as intuitive as Opera. It's good enough to be worth the compromise for flash.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thanks Rex this seems like its gonna be very cool from what I read on thier site. I signed up and got my sms instantly.
    i have not received anything yet, tried both codes and no text
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    i have not received anything yet, tried both codes and no text
    I have the same issue. I had a chat with a sprint CSR, but she said nothing was blocked on their end. I can't figure out why I don't get any SMS from the skyfire web site.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast