Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Is there a way to bring your bookmarks over from IE or Opera? I can't find anything. Thx!
    I forgot I was already signed up, but I had a heck of a time remembering what email/password I used. LOL

The strange thing was, I never received an SMS for the link the first time, but this time I did and I was able to download it.

If you don't have a link to DL it, try this on your mobile...

http://www.skyfire.com/mobile/download/link

I don't know if it will/will not work, but it's worth a shot.
    Yup, that method of re-entering your previous info totally works...

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ho...awesome_s.html

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    yup great for me, playing with it now.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Does anyone know how it works? It seems to render pages very fast whereas Opera Mobile takes 1 -2 minutes in some cases to fully display the same page.
  6. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    This is just about the coolest browser ever.
    Anyone else getting choppy video playback?

Its awesome the video plays in the page but if it stays choppy like it is then its useless...
    I'm struggling to see how I'd use it - it seems that the "1 column" setting of PIE is more efficient than zooming in and having to scroll left/right to read. The only advantage I can see is to watch sites like hulu.com (that was pretty cool).

EDIT: got a better understanding of SmartFit, so it's much more usable.
    Last edited by Bujin; 08/04/2008 at 04:09 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Thank you guys! I got it to work. This morning I just signed up and it didn't work, but the second time I redid it and within 30 sec. I had a Message sent to me.

Awesome. Time to play with it. Opera 9.5 made my phone freeze, hopefully this one will be all right.
    what version of skyfire are you all using? i've got 0.61.0.4721, does that mean i'm on beta 2? I've been using it for a while...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    WHOA! It's working and YOUTUBE WORKS GREAT!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Wow ... this is the first mobile browser I've used that renders woot.com properly and legibly! Now I can woot on the run!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Does anyone know how it works? It seems to render pages very fast whereas Opera Mobile takes 1 -2 minutes in some cases to fully display the same page.
    It's a proxy based web viewer (so all your info too and fro goes through their servers).

Opera Mini behaves like that but not Opera Mobile.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I'm not getting any sound with youtube or hiphopdx...just video
    Tried it, no go for me. Had already registered so entered same info again with code, but it told me that number has already been registered.

Sad, I want that browser.

edit: scratch that, I was using the wrong email address. Located my original email from them and used that email address. Downloading the Beta now. W00t!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It's a proxy based web viewer (so all your info too and fro goes through their servers).

Opera Mini behaves like that but not Opera Mobile.
    Oh I see. It is nice to have so many browser choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levman View Post
    Wow ... this is the first mobile browser I've used that renders woot.com properly and legibly! Now I can woot on the run!
    Engadget.com does not render properly. Too bad, I love that page.

Update: It does not render properly if Smartfit is on. Looks fine with it off.
    Last edited by Yirk; 08/04/2008 at 05:07 PM.
    Thanks for the tip on getting this. It's a great browser.
    for some reason, i can't seem to get them to send me a text w/ the link.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrekfest View Post
    for some reason, i can't seem to get them to send me a text w/ the link.
    Can you get them to send you a text? I do it over and over and I get no text message.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast