Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Help

I use styletap to emulate some palm apps that I can not find a replacement for, and desperately need to get memo up and running. I tried copying over memo,prc from an old backup of my treo700p and when I try to run it, it does not appear in my styletap apps. It appears that all the built in apps are there, just hidden. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this running?
    I too tried to get the Memos app working but no luck from my Treo 650.

To get the program to appear in StyleTap I had to copy a few files (Memos-PMem.prc and Memos-PMem_En.prc, including but not sure if its necessary Memo Pad and Memo Pad_En). It simply does not start. I suspect maybe the program checks whether it's running on a real palmos or cannot run in an older palmos version since StyleTap is emulating v5.0 and not 5.4)

Apps that works so far in StyleTap:
    FileZ
    Tasks
    Stock Manager
    Tetris

Apps that doesn't work so far
    Calendar
    Contacts
    World Clock
    Memos
    I installed my old copy of Memo+ from Handshigh software. It works like a champ. Same with ToDo+ I have gotten dozens of my old Palm apps to run on Styletap, even stuff that would not run on the 700p. Its the greatest program ever!
    Last edited by rc46; 08/04/2008 at 02:48 PM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    What prc and db files were needed rc46?
    I installed
    memo pad.prc
    memo pad_enus.prc
    memosdb.pdb

what am i missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron C View Post
    What prc and db files were needed rc46?
    I installed
    memo pad.prc
    memo pad_enus.prc
    memosdb.pdb

what am i missing?
    You also need to intall memoplus.prc from Handshigh. Mine is V2.13 from 1998
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    found a copy at mytreo but it did not work...it crashed styletap. is it freeware.if so can you post it here?
    I've got all my memo's using Memoleaf, another 3rd party memo organizer. you might have better luck that way. I transfered the memo databases over manually as well.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    ok
    i got memo icon to show up but it doesnt appear to convert the memo db. when i launch the app it just goes blank for a few seconds and returns to the styletap (palm os) screen.
    hi guys. i apologize for bringing this thread app but this is exactly what i needed.

LIke the posters above me i have been trying to export my memos to styletap without much success. it shows up on styletap but simply does not launch.

Please someone help.

The NOTES app on WM just doesnt do it for me. ANd i am wanting to use WORDSMITH on styletap too but none of my memos show up!

THanks!
    Not sure if anyone cares about this topic anymore, but I recently attempted the same thing. I finally got it when I made sure I copied MemoDB.pdb (no s). Somehow I was getting MemosDB-PMem.pdb (copied to card with Filez from Treo 680)? I renamed the file with the included Filez and they showed up in MemoPlus (which I owned way back and enjoyed until they stopped developing).

I tried the built in app, but it would just disappear. . .probably to new of PalmOS version. . .

Maybe this will help someone else. . .