Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I installed Slingbox on my 800W. I followed other threads and do have the picture working in the small box format.

My problem is I go to the channel that is currently on the cable tv but my remote control on the Slingbox does not work. It does say optimizing, etc on the screen but nothing happens. I also noticed when I have the far right symbol active (the one that activates the rec/live/guide, etc button) and I tap an icon it hits another icon that actually resides to it's right. My guess that problem is the 320x320 issue.

Does anybody have the remote control allowing to change channels etc working?
  2. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Yeah, it works...

If you have it configured right test the signal on a desktop version. It's probably a hardware thing, loose cord, not aimed right, etc....
    I have the same prob. Just have to go into the SB menu manually to change the tv. The remote icon does not work fully. Just going to have to wait for SLINGMEDIA to post the update...
    I've been following some other boards and Sling has been notified they need to update their software for the Treo 800w and they say they are working on it.
    the best bang for the buck and works great on treo 800w is the hava gold and platium and cheaper as well. The picture will blow you away, they are working on the 320 by 320, but you can use the 320 by 240 now. What a difference. I just threw the sling in the trash. no i will not dig out and send to anyone
  6. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I'd wondered about those... Thanks for the tip.
    Competition is good. I'll give Sling some time to fix it, but I've been less than happy with their square screen support and my repeated suggestions have been ignored for several versions now.
    Quote Originally Posted by texdoctor View Post
    the best bang for the buck and works great on treo 800w is the hava gold and platium and cheaper as well. The picture will blow you away, they are working on the 320 by 320, but you can use the 320 by 240 now.
    Huh? What is this Slingbox competitor device you're speaking about? Can you (or someone) please provide more details about it? Never heard of it.
    Hava is the name of the products you want. just do a search for hava , i will not post web site. but you will find it
    Thank you.
    I just hooked up my new Hava Titanium and I am having problems connecting through PDA Net with my laptop. I didn't have any problems connecting with my Slingbox but can't with the Hava. I can connect just fine through a wired network but not through PDA Net. Has anyone else tried this?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    the buttons for the remote are not in the same location as shown on the screen. If I remember right the channel buttons are like 0.1" to the right of where they are on the screen. Click around and hold the stylus against the screen and it will show the channel up buttom being pressed (when u press off to the side like i said).....

Slingplayer 2.0 for Windows is available in beta. Hopefully SlingMobile 2.0 isn't too far behind with 320x320 support.
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    Slingplayer 2.0 for Windows is available in beta. Hopefully SlingMobile 2.0 isn't too far behind with 320x320 support.
    Great! But can someone provide a direct URL to the download. I'm mobile and I can't find in on their mobile URL (http://www.slingmedia.com/mobile)
    Well, it's December, no sign of a Slingplayer update yet... (I believe they said end of the year).

Anyone actually using the Hava unit that can comment on the quality/features?
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Well, it's December, no sign of a Slingplayer update yet... (I believe they said end of the year).

Anyone actually using the Hava unit that can comment on the quality/features?
    There are some comments around that mention Hava works well on the 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    There are some comments around that mention Hava works well on the 800w.
    Really? I did a search and didn't find anything other than the comment above (picture will blow you away).
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Really? I did a search and didn't find anything other than the comment above (picture will blow you away).
    Well that's it .
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Well that's it .
    Hah, that sounds like a ringing endorsement, but I was hoping for a little more detail, I'm funny that way...

They are still saying end of year, so I'll just sit tight for now.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=37
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast