1.    #1  
    I've got a new Moto H680 BT headset.

I paired it with my Treo 800w and there was much static.

Then I paired it with my BB 8310 and it sounded good.

I've had the same static issue with my first Treo 800w and with the replacement Treo 800w I use now.

So I figure there must be something not working well between the Moto H680 and Treo 800w. I had the Treo close to the headset, so I know it's not a distance issue.

I installed the "Treo 800w Voice Dialing Over Bluetooth" add on before pairing in both my tests with Treo 800w's. I got static even with just trying to talk during calls, I have not even tried using the voice dialing.

Before I go off hunting for another BT headset to use, I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences or knows a fix?

All recommendations appreciated.
  2.    #2  
    Well tonight, after seeing how dismal a return I would get if I tried to sell the H680 on Ebay, I tried using it with the Treo 800w again and tonight it works well.

I guess I'll blame the earlier issues on solar flares .
  3.    #3  
    OK, now I think the static is related to the BT voice command feature.

Because if I play around with BT voice command the static comes back.
  4. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Wifi will also interfere with the BT headset. Was your wifi on during any of this?
    There's an update to the bluetooth stack on Palm's web site for the 800w which addresses "voice dialing over bluetooth". I don't know if it will fix your problem, but here it is:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...oth/index.html

Okay, now that I look more closely at the link you have, I think that it's the same thing, just direct download vs ActiveSync installation. Oh well!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Wifi will also interfere with the BT headset. Was your wifi on during any of this?
    Thank you much Cel!

I turned off the WiFi and all the static is gone.

Yesterday the static came back after I started playing with voice command again, which led me to feel it was just a VC issue. WiFi was already on, but not causing problems before I turned on BT VC. But once I stopped using BT voice command the static would not go away. Turned off WiFi and all static is gone.

A bit of a nit that there is that issue, but there are not many devices out that have all the features the Treo 800w has including WiFi .