View Poll Results: How has your Treo 800w been working for you?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Treo 800w has been working fine since I started using it.

40 70.18%
  • I've had a Treo 800w that died without warning.

8 14.04%
  • I got my Treo 800w replaced with a new one because of defects in the first one.

7 12.28%
  • I got a replacement, it is working well.

5 8.77%
  • I got a replacement, it is not working well.

3 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett View Post
    I just don't understand how a modern manufacturer, or one pretending to, can afford to put out so many units that need to be returned.

Granted, I don't follow boards from other cell phones (don't think BB ever had this kind of problem), but it does seem that Palm just has a real problem with whomever they are using to manufacture their phones.
    Not only that but how the same major issues keep appearing even in new devices. Do they have fun creating bugs? Do they test these things at all before they start manufacturing? Who are their alpha testers? We have to be the beta testers.
    Mine didn't die, but for some strange reason Live Search would malfunction & error message after I installed ANY sort of 3rd party app. Did numerous hard resets & installs to try to figure out the bad app, turns out my phone had some sort of hardware issue....swapped for a new 800 and is working fine w/ 3rd party apps (knock on wood) so far
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    quickstang - You're dancing with a 30 day clock. You should return it, but if you don't you should use it heavily to see if it runs well with heavy usage today and tomorrow.

I cranked up the brightness on my Treo 800w and looking at the screen even in the car with sunlight has not been a problem.

To me the 800w is way better than my Curve, but I guess it depends on what each needs. Otherwise the whole world would use the same device .
    They are, or soon will be, its called the iPhone!
  4.    #24  
    Frank, if you don't have a Treo 800w and don't want one, please go to the boards for whatever device you are using and enjoy.
    psh apple sucks lol
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12