Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Which of the two programs works better on the 800?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Not sure, but I use both. I've been using Spb since it was first released, and use Sprite since it's already in ROM. I figure I can't go wrong by using these two great apps.

So far, the only backup I restored to, though, was Spb. And, it worked perfectly FWIW.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
  3.    #3  
    OK... I had backed up once using the built in Sprite... Then I back up using SPB (Just in case).... Then just did a hard reset...
    Treo failed to recognize the Sprite backed up file....
    SPB worked flawlessly....
    I like SPB a lot more for WM61. I've had a few small problems with restoring Sprite's backups.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    SPB backup is really a lot better. Always used it on my Mogul and never failed once.. Have been backing up my Treo 800w with Sprite Backup.. Now, that I messed up a lot of settings, thought I'll use the Restore and Sprite cannot restore properly using any of the backups. It only restores the files and not the settings. So, I cannot see what all is installed on the phone...

SPB Backup.. is truely amazing..!!
    using sprite right now since its already on the device and so far it hasnt failed me. when i got my replacement it restored everything perfectly from a backup i had on the sd card from the 1st 800.

i used spb on my 700wx and it never gave me any issues.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Have a question:
    Yes, I am using sprite BU, but when I check the box for backup the contents of the card also, it locks up while backing up and I have to cancel the BU. What am I doing wrong?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Have a question:
    Yes, I am using sprite BU, but when I check the box for backup the contents of the card also, it locks up while backing up and I have to cancel the BU. What am I doing wrong?
    It should not lock up..... there is something wrong.... Sprite gave me issues when I executed the backup file.... not when I actually backed up the device...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting23ray View Post
    Which of the two programs works better on the 800?
    I've always trusted Sprite. Originally, PPC's had a real basic backup program on the devices. This was actually Sprite's backup program, but scaled down. Ever since then, I've seen other Backup programs come and go, but Sprite has always been around.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Have a question:
    Do you have allot of files on the card? I wonder if it's trying to backup the backup file itself? How about creating some exclusions for the backup?
    I tried backing up with Sprite this morning and it did not finish, I left it running for over an hour and it just locked up. So i had to take out battery to reboot and when it came back my 2 soft keys were changed...now I phone for one and contacts for the other...anyone know how to change these back to default? I think I'm going to have buy spb backup
    so far sprite has been working great for me.
    i have it set to do a daily backup everyday@2am. ive restored a couple times and all has been well. its great as i keep the last 2-3 days backup on the sd card so if i were to screw the phone up i can be back up and running within 5 minutes or so.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    I tried backing up with Sprite this morning and it did not finish, I left it running for over an hour and it just locked up. So i had to take out battery to reboot and when it came back my 2 soft keys were changed...now I phone for one and contacts for the other...anyone know how to change these back to default? I think I'm going to have buy spb backup
    It was probably a coincidence, because Sprite doesn't mess with settings just from a backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    It was probably a coincidence, because Sprite doesn't mess with settings just from a backup.
    That's what I figured....I'm guessing I have to go somewhere in the registry to change them...do u know where by any chance
    I will probably just hard reset...im noticing some other small issues.
    I have both and both are good but I have a question and I dont want to waste a new thread over it. SPB Backup freezes when I have it scheduled for a backup. If I set it for "Reset" after backup it freezes during reset and if i uncheck "reset" it sits on the screen waiting for me to manually hot the "Reset" button. strange. It works fine when I manually backup so I know the program is terriffic . it must be a conflict with something on my phone. Anyone else have that issue.
    Sprint didn't work at all on my Mogul the multiple times I tried it but it always worked flawlessly on my 700wx and it works flawlessly on my 800w.

I did purchase spb for my Mogul which worked great but I have not tried it on my 800w yet.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
    ...Sprite cannot restore properly using any of the backups. It only restores the files and not the settings.
    Just for clarification if I'm reading this correctly, Sprite does not restore your phone settings but just the files? Is that correct? This would mean that if I do a hard reset and use a Sprite Back up to restore, I have to re setup my phone settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    Just for clarification if I'm reading this correctly, Sprite does not restore your phone settings but just the files? Is that correct? This would mean that if I do a hard reset and use a Sprite Back up to restore, I have to re setup my phone settings?
    No Sprite will restore everything. I've done two hard resets followed by a Sprite restore and all of my e-mail, phone, applications, documents, everything was restored. You can pick and choose if you want only certain things backed up and restored, however.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    No Sprite will restore everything. I've done two hard resets followed by a Sprite restore and all of my e-mail, phone, applications, documents, everything was restored. You can pick and choose if you want only certain things backed up and restored, however.
    Thanks for the quick response. I was afraid I would lose all the setting options I've made and didn't want to take the time to go through and reselect everything after a restore after a hard reset.
    Last edited by Rogus; 08/29/2008 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.
    Sprite has worked without exception for me every time. Resco backup on the other failed when I needed it most. Thankfully I had a Sprite backup.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast