Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I have both and both are good but I have a question and I dont want to waste a new thread over it. SPB Backup freezes when I have it scheduled for a backup. If I set it for "Reset" after backup it freezes during reset and if i uncheck "reset" it sits on the screen waiting for me to manually hot the "Reset" button. strange. It works fine when I manually backup so I know the program is terriffic . it must be a conflict with something on my phone. Anyone else have that issue.
    I know this is from back in August, but as a career SPB Backup user on previous devices, and new 800w user, I have this issue too. I've done several hard resets after experimenting, etc. but this SPB Backup Scheduler issue has remained. Like you said, every time I run it manually it finishes fine, but i'm about 50/50 with it saying the backup was unable to complete after my daily scheduled run...
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Thoughts: Sprite is a great program. I learned to use it the hard way when I didn't use it the first time I got my 800w. Four months later...my first hard reset was tough! (Luckily, I still have my Treo 650 for that back-up for that hair-raising moment.)

Observations: If you do a soft reset (remove the battery) check Sprite. It may or may not save your settings or back-up schedule. I'll be checking it everyday for that.

Questions:

+ Is Sprite available on ROM on the Treo Pro?

+ When I did my first restore, I noticed that every Sprite back-up (listed by file and date) of my data on my 8GB microSD card are kept, which means that the latest back-up does not overwrite the existing back-up file.

So...Is there a way to delete the older back-up files? Is there a way to program Sprite to write over the existing backups automatically? Does Sprite even have a instruction manual?
    Bump!
    Questions:

+ When I did my first restore, I noticed that every Sprite back-up (listed by file and date) of my data on my 8GB microSD card are kept, which means that the latest back-up does not overwrite the existing back-up file.

So...Is there a way to delete the older back-up files? Is there a way to program Sprite to write over the existing backups automatically? Does Sprite even have a instruction manual? [/QUOTE]

I dont have treo pro so I cant answer that question. About deleting older back up files and overwriting, there is option under options in sprite app. Open sprite backup, choose OPTIONS, choose Backup, choose storage...this will give you option to limit size of backup file and maximum number of backup files to keep. Good luck.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Bump!

QUOTE=KevMeister;1533766]
    Questions:

[/QUOTE]
    I found the paid release of Sprite Backup a much better application than the ROM/free release. I used SPBBackup on my 800W. I have since moved to a Touch Pro and found that SPBBackup hangs up at the end of the backup and am now using the paid release of Sprite Backup.
    Is it possible to use Sprite back-up twice a day? So far, the only daily option is once/day.
    You can force a backup whenever the urge urges you to do whatever the urge urges you to do.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12