Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm used to getting quick sport scores and store addresses by texting Google (46645), however, with my new Sprint Sero plan, I do not receive any texts back from Google and other services (Skyfire included - can't get my beta sign up!).

Anybody else have an issue with this? It seems to be blocking texts from internet sites.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    See Alli's comment and blog link at the bottom of the "VZW 800w" thread; you're not alone apparently.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    See Alli's comment and blog link at the bottom of the "VZW 800w" thread; you're not alone apparently.
    Thanks Haus.

This is Alli's reply:

Lest anyone else be tempted to switch to Sprint because they can't wait for the 800w, please read my blog on how Sprint has made it impossible for me to take full advantage of the 800w. I have also been on msmobiles.com and t4show.com podcasts discussing Sprint's horrific technical/customer service and total unwillingness to help.

I am returning the 800w on Monday (despite loving it completely) and waiting for Verizon to release it so I can switch to Verizon.
    Also read Alli's blog here: http://alliflowers.wordpress.com/200...tomer-service/

Strange - has anybody else been receiving this problem?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I think its a specific sms blocking on the account... call cust service ask them if you have a perimer sms blocking if so tell them to remove it
    Would be very interesting if this is something creeping in to multiple accounts now.

mintedcoin - let me know if you would like the email address of the guy who is supposed to be taking care of the issue on my account.
  6.    #6  
    I'll give CS a call tonight and let you guys know. If I need the email addy I'll give you a pm, Alli.

Thanks!
    Waiting with baited breath!
    I had no problem getting the SMS from Skyfire beta so look into it more before assuming that it is reason to pass on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    I had no problem getting the SMS from Skyfire beta so look into it more before assuming that it is reason to pass on Sprint.
    Not getting the messages is one thing, but at this point I believe Alli is more upset over the fact that she has talked to several people from Sprint, including the person "in charge," to no avail. I too would be a little set off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider View Post
    Not getting the messages is one thing, but at this point I believe Alli is more upset over the fact that she has talked to several people from Sprint, including the person "in charge," to no avail. I too would be a little set off.
    yup i would be mad enough to jump ship as well.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    And if it were just skyfire, it wouldn't bother me at all. It's Skyfire, dashwire, fring, phonefusion, Twitter, and the list goes on and on.
    Aye, that is a customer service problem which would make me consider quitting too.
    Try this:
    1) Go to sprint.com and login to your account.
    2) Now that you have logged in to your account, click in the address bar again and this time go to http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/
    3) Once there click on Settings & Preferences.

This will show you a list of any short codes or phone numbers that are blocked from sending you text messages. If you see 46645 in the list, remove it. If it is not in the list, try removing everything that you see in the list and then individually add them back later if needed.

I had a similar problem about a month ago on my regular old account where I wasn't receiving anything sent to the sms email address (10digits@messaging.sprintpcs.com). I called in several times and they opened and closed several tickets and never resolved the problem. I finally got mad and called our corporate sales rep at work. He put me in touch with a developer and that guy only had to have me go through the above steps to fix it.
    Mine has no entries in it.
    I have a friend who is a simple Sprint store employee. I gave him the login info to my account this morning and he almost immediately discovered the option to block/add sms from my online account doesn't exist. (?!) He's actually talking to Sprint reps for me now.
  16.    #16  
    I finally got around to emailing Sprint about not getting these texts.

They emailed back saying they fixed it.

"This service was blocked. Due to this, you were unable to receive teh short codes. However, I have made the changes on the account now onward you will receive all the short codes."

Gave it a try and ... voila - works.
    Dude, you were lucky! They wound up changing my phone number (that I've had for 10 years). Only way to resolve the issue for me. I'm still very unhappy with the treatment I got and the fact that it took over 2 weeks for them to deal with it.

...now I'm trying to get them to give me a discount on the phone so that I don't have to go to BestBuy.
    When I called Sprint they told me that the 800w doesn't allow text messaging to short numbers. I couldn't believe it, so I started searching for confirmation that this is true. I went to Settings and Preferences on my sprint account, but I don't have anything in the box for blocked #'s. Any other suggestions?
    I went a full month without being able to receive any text messages from short codes. I went so far as to have my phone number changed - I got the sms for the first two days after the number change - and then I stopped getting them again. One day they just started working again. It definitely seems to be a network issue - definitely not something with the Treo. Having gone through this now, my advice is to just wait them out.
    when i first bought my 800w we had to call Sprint to have them allow text messaging because it was turned off. The call took only a few minutes to complete and it works fine now. I use Google, ChaCha, Myxer, and others on a regular basis with no issue. Call Sprint if you are having issues.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast