1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there is a way to make the 800w automatically go to the notification application.

In other words, if my wife or daughter text me, I have to click on "notification" at the left soft key, then click "view" to go to the application, I'd rather the phone automatically go to the application when I push the "notification" soft key. As it is now, I click on notification, then it brings up the small pop up window with the text message. However, I then need to click on "view" inorder to respond to the text.

Since 90% of the time most people will respond to a message, this should be the default when you decide to click on "notification"

The same story with email. When I get an email notification, i click on "notification" and it pops up saying, 3 unread emails. Okay, thanks...I have a notification...so freaking take me there so I can read it. Don't make me press additional buttons.

Perhaps I expect too much or I don't understand the importance of the 2nd button push...thoughts?

Cosmo
    I agree. I typically turn off my notifications, but after a hard reset I didn't do that and it is pretty annoying the way it is handled.

You can try this.... just search through this folder in the registry and change the same key in each type of notification:
    Thursday, December 20, 2007
    Disable New Email Notification (http://freepctech.blogspot.com/2007/...ification.html)

WM6 has an annoying feature that it will show a notification everytime you receive an email or have a meeting reminder. You can't turnthis off using the conventional settings menu so follow these steps toturn it off:

With a registry editor, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\
    {A877D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}
    set value "Options" to 20000000 (hexadecimal) or 536870912 (decimal)
    No need to restart either...just wait for the next email and you'll be singing my praises.