1.    #1  
    I know with the Treo 700wx it was nigh impossible to use a custom dialer skin because Palm took over the dialer. Is this the case with the Treo 800w as well?

If not are there any good Dial Pad skins out there that will support 320 x 320?

Thanks!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I know with the Treo 700wx it was nigh impossible to use a custom dialer skin because Palm took over the dialer. Is this the case with the Treo 800w as well?

If not are there any good Dial Pad skins out there that will support 320 x 320?

Thanks!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=DIaler
  3.    #3  
    Cool... But that doesn't address my question.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I have been trying to use the same hack for the 700w as the 800w but with no luck. I did the registry edits and removed both "dial lookup" and "active call" from the today screen using memaide but none of it has been very successful. The farthest I have got is where I have a different dial screen. The top 1/3 of the screen is has the carrier name and shows what numbers you are dialing and the bottom 2/3 has your call log. The soft buttons change to "keypad" and "menu", but "keypad" doesn't do anything. Then I tried installing some custom square themes for the dialer and they kinda worked except the numbers didn't line up with the buttons....I think that eventually someone will figure out how to do it. But I couldn't..
    ok I got a little further, I did learn that you should use a softreset program instead of taking out the battery when you are making registry edits because sometimes they won't stick.

After doing the same hack as the 700w/wx I got this:

They were boring so I applied on of the skins that can be found in the post for the 700w/wx hack.

It came out like this:

Notice the letters don't line up with the keys

The post for the 700 is here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=148000
    after applying the hacks, did you lose the voicemail notifications, as the 700wx did?
    didn't even try it...sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg909 View Post

i got this work prefectly! you don't even need to download any other skins just use the one that already pre-loaded with the phone...
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Anyone using both this and UltimateLaunch on their 800w? I'm just wondering whether the two play nice together, before I try this ...