Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    "P.S. I am currently using the BB Curve 8320, Treo 750 and Centro. (I carry three devices all the time.)"

Why?
    The BB is mainly for support. If users have any problem related to BB, I need to walk them thru therefore I need a device on hand. I am a long time WM user. I have a lot of programs in WM. I bought the Centro recently because I like the form factor as a phone. Now I am using Centro for voice and data and Treo and BB for data only.
    E-mail is way easier and CHEAPER with a WM device, than a BB. Setting up POP e-mail on my Treo 800w was very easy and setting up connection with a corporate Exchange server is way cheaper and simpler than BES.

Anybody that thinks BB e-mail management is easier, I ask, do you connect to a corporate Exchange server and how involved are you in the management of the BES server and licensing?

Exchange ActiveSync is way easier than BES in terms of setup and price.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    The BB is mainly for support. If users have any problem related to BB, I need to walk them thru therefore I need a device on hand. I am a long time WM user. I have a lot of programs in WM. I bought the Centro recently because I like the form factor as a phone. Now I am using Centro for voice and data and Treo and BB for data only.
    Wow that really seems like overkill to me. I'm not doubting that you use all 3 devices but sounds like you can accomplish all of that in one device, maybe 2. certainly not 3. But to each his own i guess
    I'm gonna weigh in on the "I returned the 800w" side. I got tired of telling myself the screen was "good enough" and the battery was "good enough". If Palm had gotten those two critical things right, what a device the 800w would be.

When walking outdoors, I'd have to stop to hold the thing still enough to read it due to the dim screen. As for the battery making it all day... no way (and I didn't have SlingPlayer Mobile installed yet).

For now I'm back to the Q9c, whose only comparative drawback IMHO is the slower data throughput in same area vs. the 800w. It's much easier to read outdoors, however. I'm gonna keep eyes peeled here for solutions. FWIW, I compared the 800w I had to the one on display at the local corporate Sprint store and the store's had a brighter and less-purplish screen. It didn't help when I asked for a second battery and was told the offer was a "internet scam or rumor". So Sprint gets this one back.

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen View Post
    It didn't help when I asked for a second battery and was told the offer was a "internet scam or rumor". So Sprint gets this one back.

Todd/Indy
    There is no official policy from Sprint or Palm on giving our second batteries if you ask...

It's not an "internet scam" but it's not something they are supposed to be doing--some people lucked out (like most things with Sprint e.g. sero, discounts, etc.)

Since the phone was under warranty, they should have been able to swap out the battery with no problems.

still, this is all besides the point as it would not have changed your mind

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Yeah, my mind was made up. I just had to try having two batteries for a while if I could. I only saw slight improvement in battery life with a couple weeks' conditioning.

Decent battery and screen... damn how come someone can't put it all together in a single device? This one's "oh-so-close".

Todd/Indy
    I thought the screen was great. Why not just wait for the extended battery?

They have put a great screen and battery together, its called the Curve. I watched The Dark Night on my Curve and it didn't put a dent in the battery. The screen is sick.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I thought the screen was great. Why not just wait for the extended battery?

They have put a great screen and battery together, its called the Curve. I watched The Dark Night on my Curve and it didn't put a dent in the battery. The screen is sick.
    hehe I watched same flick on my Curve as well today...Great movie.
    What made it even better , I had 69% battery life after watching I then made over 2 hours of phone calls , 40min or so of telanav and some "Signal-loc" App play...pretty cool app I must add and still have 31% battery life left.

PS
    Vibrant .If you have "Signal-loc" app installed on your Curve be careful , I forgot to close app yesterday and my GPS was running for over 8 hours and was left with 48% battery life at end of day.
    Last edited by slingbox; 08/05/2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: PS - 'Signal-loc" tip
    Only app I have on there is Weather Bug. Do you have that one? I heard its bad for the BB but its been great for me. I'm a BB noob and don't know what I should have that would make it better because everything is fantastic.

I just downloaded Harold & Kumar. Watching Don't Mess with the Zohan, Adam Sandler flick. I'm on the road this week so it's just me and my Curve.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Only app I have on there is Weather Bug. Do you have that one? I heard its bad for the BB but its been great for me. I'm a BB noob and don't know what I should have that would make it better because everything is fantastic.

I just downloaded Harold & Kumar. Watching Don't Mess with the Zohan, Adam Sandler flick. I'm on the road this week so it's just me and my Curve.
    Weather Bug = Dump it.
    BB Weather is a must have !!
    Cody turned me onto app and I love it .
    Very lite , runs smooth , great detailed forecast /Forecast outlook and you can set update times.I have mine updating every hour.
    Isn't there a BB forum you guys can post to? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Ouch... Alas, I was thinking the same thing... LMAO
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Sorry hannip
    TC is my second home , I find the BB forums to be pretty dead here lol

I guess i should make new friends at Crackberry
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Sorry hannip
    TC is my second home , I find the BB forums to be pretty dead lol

I guess i should make new friends at Crackberry
    hehe, just teasing you Sling. That's a good reason not to get a BB. You lose all of your Treo friends and have treocentral withdrawal symptoms.
    hehe, just teasing you Sling. That's a good reason not to get a BB. You lose all of your Treo friends and have treocentral withdrawal symptoms.
    That I must agree on
    Well the good news ,Malatesta hasn't turned me inside out yet like once upon a time.
    I will leave TC before I start Pizzing members off.
    Vibrant meet me over at SU and we will chat.
    Come back when you get another treo
    Well the good news ,Malatesta hasn't turned me inside out yet like once upon a time.
    I'm reading a new book and have found the

...and now back on topic! lol

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Vibrant meet me over at SU and we will chat.
    Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Ouch... Alas, I was thinking the same thing... LMAO
    I find it amazing how people can dislike a device yet spend time repeatedly telling us how they dislike the device. If the BB forums are dead, get over there and keep talking and tell your BB enjoying friends to join you there. We won't run over and interrupt you .

If those who claim they enjoy the BB so much are so content, I doubt they'd continue hanging around here. I enjoy the Treo 800w and I'm not going to waste a second running to a BB forum, to tell people who prefer BBs that I like the Treo 800w.

I mean someone actually owning the device and talking about giving it up is one thing, but many come here continually deploring the Treo 800w and never spent a cent on it. You'd think they purchased it and could not get rid of it or something.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast