1.    #1  
    The "genius" Exchange Server administrator at my company enforces a security policy for all those who use retrieve their emails from the exchange server using a mobile phone. The phone locks up after a mere 5 minutes of inactivity forcing me to enter my password (I understand the need for the policy in case your phone is stolen but 5 minutes is just ridiculous).

use the following registry hack to disable the enforcement of the security policy

With a registry editor find

HKLM/Security/Policies/Policies/000001023

"0" is locked
    "1" will unlock (no more grayed out, giving you the option to set your own lockout timer, i .e 12 hours)

unfortunately, many Exchange Server administrators will reapply the policy at certain intervals when you contact the server ( i.e. 36 hours). Forcing you to reapply the registry hack

Fortunately,

Zenyee has an utility that works in the backgrounds, and automatically changes the registry key back to "1" each time the Exchange server reapplies the security polity and notifies you

the link for the utility is

Zenyee's Stay Unlock

look for "The program can be downloaded from my blog" right under the screenshots
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    FYI at most companies not adhering to the security policy is grounds for termination.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    thank you so much.... my company was 15 minutes. I hate that damn lock screen.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    FYI at most companies not adhering to the security policy is grounds for termination.
    the truth
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    I hear that. Just make sure to never point it out to any of your coworkers. They will spread the word with your name attached to it. Make extra sure to change it back before seeing the IT support.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w