Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. longbow's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
       #1  
    My AOL email was pushed to my Treo 755p. Not so on my 800w. Is there a way to make AOL email push to my 800w? Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Sprint mobile email client or the new Seven beta. Or have gmail poll your aol acount and use PushEffect to initiate server polls.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  3. #3  
    Here is the cab for sprint mobile email.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  4. #4  
    There is also FlexMail, which is what I am using with Everyone.net and GMail. Its response time is on par with my laptop and Mozilla Firefox.
  5. Cel
    Cel is offline
    Cel's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Here is the cab for sprint mobile email.
    This is awesome. I'd never known about this puppy. No additional fees or anything from Sprint's end, right?
  6. #6  
    Right. It is free.
  7. #7  
    I finally took the time to read up a bit on the Sprint mobile email thing - SMS texting is required for this application to work, which means if the server does not support SMS notification, no simulated IMAP push. Am I reading this correctly? Anyway, I just installed it.
  8. #8  
    I must be missing something. When I go to install the Sprint Mobile Email cab, it always comes up as unsuccessful. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I finally took the time to read up a bit on the Sprint mobile email thing - SMS texting is required for this application to work, which means if the server does not support SMS notification, no simulated IMAP push. Am I reading this correctly? Anyway, I just installed it.
    The "server" is technically on Sprint/Sevens network. That is where the SMS is initiated from. What capabilities your pop/imap server has are irrelevant.

    Essentially Sprint/Seven polls your email account periodically, then when it finds a new message it sends an sms to the device telling to poll your server.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by strengthcoach4 View Post
    I must be missing something. When I go to install the Sprint Mobile Email cab, it always comes up as unsuccessful. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    Sorry. Just be sure you are installing to main memory and not a card.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  11. paz5559's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    #11  
    so how are sprint mobile email and seven different?
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by paz5559 View Post
    so how are sprint mobile email and seven different?
    Sprint Mobile Email is technically a branded Seven version 6. What people are referring to as "Seven" around here is the new release 7 that is in beta.

    Release 6 and 7 are very different. Sprint mobile email (rel6) uses an sms trigger, beta 7 does not.


    Beware of Beta 7 though as they are having major issues with it.

    Personally- I am going to drop $18 on PushEffect.

    -Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Sprint Mobile Email is technically a branded Seven version 6. What people are referring to as "Seven" around here is the new release 7 that is in beta.

    Release 6 and 7 are very different. Sprint mobile email (rel6) uses an sms trigger, beta 7 does not.


    Beware of Beta 7 though as they are having major issues with it.

    Personally- I am going to drop $18 on PushEffect.

    -Rob
    Hold off on PE. They're not really supporting the app on the 800w. I've been in contacts with them via email. I'll post my results soon.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 08/03/2008 at 01:24 PM.
  14. #14  
    Sounds good.

    It has been working about 90% of the time for me thus far. Their notifications app doesnt seem to like the 800 either.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Sounds good.

    It has been working about 90% of the time for me thus far. Their notifications app doesnt seem to like the 800 either.
    You mean it's partially working for you on the 800w? It was flawless when I ran it on the 700wx, but it would not even download messages on the 800w. Is that your same experience?
  16. #16  
    No- I am having much better luck. It works pretty well, occassionally it misses a prompt to poll for some reason (really annoying)but otherwise it has been fairly effective.

    Are your sms being intercepted by the app?
  17. #17  
    I installed it and uninstalled it yesterday. It worked, but frankly the idea of a middle dude with email just does not interest me. FlexMail has been doing well for me and provides the same type of service that ChatterEmail does.
  18. longbow's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Sprint mobile email client or the new Seven beta. Or have gmail poll your aol acount and use PushEffect to initiate server polls.
    Thanks for the info. Installed and it seems to work pretty good. But it only seems to allow me one email account. Do you know a way I can add another account in this program.

Posting Permissions