1.    #1  
    I have three email POP accounts on my treo to check every 2 hours. And when I get an email, I read it and then close it out (not delete it). After a bit, when I open up my email again, the message(s) will be GONE! Not in the deleted item, not anywhere!

I almost lost a valuable email earlier but I luckily replied to it and the replied email stayed in the "sent" folder, but the original email vanished completely.

Please...anybody have an idea on this one?! This is a BAD setting/bug/whatever.

Thank you,
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I'm also experiencing the same issue. An e-mail that I had saved for two days went missing at some point today. It's important to note the missing message is not in the deleted folder. Not quite sure what to make of it.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    That make 3. Anyone have a solution?
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Mine clears out when I dl the mails on my pc but your issue sounds very different. Good luck with some answers...
  5.    #5  
    It's also good to note that when I close out the email and then immediately open it back up, the email(s) are still there...however if I close it out and forget about it...when I come back a certain time later, it's gone. And as aixguru pointed out...they are not in the deleted folder or anywhere else...they simply "vanish".

At least I'm glad it's not just me!
  6.    #6  
    *bump*
    THis is my PPC and all act the same. If you delete the E-mails from your server, I do it from my desktop, when the E-mail checks for changes it will delete the E-mails from inbox. Even if they have not been read they will get deleted.

I think PPC only syncs with the E-mail and you only see what is on the server.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Right. If you download your POP/IMAP mails from the server, the next time your Treo checks mail, those mails are "removed" from the Treo. Is this what's happening??

Also, how long is the time when you say you "come back later"?

Edit: Just want to clarify ... when I say download from the mail server, I mean by using Outlook/Outlook Express or Thunderbird on your desktop.
    Last edited by santos; 08/03/2008 at 10:18 AM.
    hmm
  10.    #10  
    I pretty much keep outlook on all the time on my computer. So are you thinking that I got the email first on my treo first, but when it was delivered to my computer, my treo removed it from memory?

That makes sense...ok, is there a setting to keep it on my treo?!

I'm using Roadrunner and outlook.

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    That's a setting of your mail provider. I know in Thunderbird there's an option to leave mail on the server, but then you'll have tons of mail just sitting around.
  12.    #12  
    Ok, so there's not a treo-based setting where I can keep emails? In absence of one, I adjusted my emails to keep the emails on the server for 30 days before deleting. 30 days should be long enough that I keep the info I need without clogging up the server.

Hope this works! Thank you....
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Did you see the default setting of "sync mail for the last 3 days" when setting up POP accounts? I wonder if that's why aixguru said messages that were 2 days old disappeared the following day (that sounds like 3 days)? What happens if you extend the time period in the POP account settings?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Did you see the default setting of "sync mail for the last 3 days" when setting up POP accounts? I wonder if that's why aixguru said messages that were 2 days old disappeared the following day (that sounds like 3 days)? What happens if you extend the time period in the POP account settings?
    I determined, as noted by santos and thepla, messages are disappearing as result of Thunderbird deleting them from the POP server as scheduled. I never considered this to be the issue since none of my prior Palm based phones exhibited this behavior. I find this a bit odd, but I guess this is how Pocket Outlook has always functioned.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Coming from the 700p to the 800, then this is just a difference between the POS and WM? POS left the messages on the Treo if they were received first by the Treo while WM deletes them once they are are received on a computer even if the Treo received them first?
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    I determined, as noted by santos and thepla, messages are disappearing as result of Thunderbird deleting them from the POP server as scheduled. I never considered this to be the issue since none of my prior Palm based phones exhibited this behavior. I find this a bit odd, but I guess this is how Pocket Outlook has always functioned.
    No, this is how the world functions. If Thunderbird deletes them from the server then no Palm or WM phone can download the e-mail; it simply does not exist.

Your Palm phone may have just downloaded them before Thunderbird deleted them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    Coming from the 700p to the 800, then this is just a difference between the POS and WM? POS left the messages on the Treo if they were received first by the Treo while WM deletes them once they are are received on a computer even if the Treo received them first?
    What? How could WM delete them from a computer? If someone has a POP account setup on their computer that does not leave a message on the server then no phone will have that e-mail unless it somehow managed to download it first.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    What? How could WM delete them from a computer? If someone has a POP account setup on their computer that does not leave a message on the server then no phone will have that e-mail unless it somehow managed to download it first.
    I guess I didn't explain it very clearly. I have three POP accounts set up on my computer and my 800. I receive an email message(s) first on my 800. They stay on the 800 until the computer receives the same message(s) and then they are gone on the 800. Read or unread it doesn't make a difference. I don't want them gone on the 800 until I delete them from the Treo.

The 800 never deletes an email message on the computer, but messages on the 800 do disappear after they're received on the computer.