Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    This is probably a simple question, but can someone explain "forced roaming" to me. I have the talk/message/data share plan. Is this included? Is there a limit?
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    This is probably a simple question, but can someone explain "forced roaming" to me. I have the talk/message/data share plan. Is this included? Is there a limit?
    Forced roaming is telling your phone to always roam. Roaming is included with Sprint's plans but excessive roaming will get your plan canceled.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Forced roaming is telling your phone to always roam. Roaming is included with Sprint's plans but excessive roaming will get your plan canceled.
    Not having any problems right now, but that sounds interesting that i can "do" something to get my plan canceled.
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    Not having any problems right now, but that sounds interesting that i can "do" something to get my plan canceled.
    Yeah... I've heard around here that 50% is the threshold.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    Not having any problems right now, but that sounds interesting that i can "do" something to get my plan canceled.
    According to Sprint's TOS, roaming more than 50% of the time in a given billing cycle will result in being charged for per minute roaming (as opposed to the flat rate fee incorporated into today's plans).
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    According to Sprint's TOS, roaming more than 50% of the time in a given billing cycle will result in being charged for per minute roaming (as opposed to the flat rate fee incorporated into today's plans).
    That wouldn't be so enjoyable
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
  7. #7  
    You can also get terminated for using too much data.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    You can also get terminated for using too much data.
    Will they try and charge you or just terminate you?
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
  9. #9  
    They will shut you off after a warning. It is targteted at misuse. All ISPs have provisions for it- Comcast, Verizon, etc.

    Nothing to worry about.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    They will shut you off after a warning. It is targteted at misuse. All ISPs have provisions for it- Comcast, Verizon, etc.

    Nothing to worry about.
    Thanks

    me + fine print =
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    You can also get terminated for using too much data.
    you mean "You can also get terminated for using too much data even though you have unlimited data"

    sorry, had to throw that in...i can see why they do it with the smartphones...pretty obvious you are tethering if you use 20GB/mo but now that they are monitoring the aircards...that's where i question their use of the word "umlimited".
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Forced roaming is telling your phone to always roam. Roaming is included with Sprint's plans but excessive roaming will get your plan canceled.
    is roaming included in all new plans? I am on a really old plan... i have to pay for roaming.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    you mean "You can also get terminated for using too much data even though you have unlimited data"

    sorry, had to throw that in...i can see why they do it with the smartphones...pretty obvious you are tethering if you use 20GB/mo but now that they are monitoring the aircards...that's where i question their use of the word "umlimited".
    I got an aircard about a month ago with unlimited data. Went back last week to get one for one of my employee's and noticed they don't have unlimited anymore, it has a 5 gb cap.
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    I got an aircard about a month ago with unlimited data. Went back last week to get one for one of my employee's and noticed they don't have unlimited anymore, it has a 5 gb cap.
    There was a huge uproar about this over at hofo a month or so ago. You can cancel without ETF because of this. Technically it has nothing to do with handsets (only aircards) but I am willing to bet if you exceeded 5gb/mo two or three billing periods in a row you would get shut off.

    Pure speculation though... But this is why I like to stream over Wifi at home.


    -Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    There was a huge uproar about this over at hofo a month or so ago. You can cancel without ETF because of this. Technically it has nothing to do with handsets (only aircards) but I am willing to bet if you exceeded 5gb/mo two or three billing periods in a row you would get shut off.

    Pure speculation though... But this is why I like to stream over Wifi at home.


    -Rob
    I agree, that is why i ended my very brief thoughts of dropping my cable broadband at home and just going with the air card.
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
  16. #16  
    I thought the cap was on VZ only.... not on Sprint.... Is Sprint also putting a 5 GB Cap?
  17. #17  
    Sprint has officially imposed a 5gb cap on air cards. This is new policy that technically has nothing to do with handsets.

    Unofficially, there has been and still is a threshold for handsets on "unlimited data plans" although this policy is vague and consititutes only "abuse". Sprint chooses when and where to enforce it.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    This is probably a simple question, but can someone explain "forced roaming" to me. I have the talk/message/data share plan. Is this included? Is there a limit?
    Does the SERO F&F unlimited ($30 Grandfathered plan) has unlimited text/ message/ data with roaming too? There is no mention of the roaming on "my account" section of sprint.com...

    So, will I be charged for using data on roaming? if yes, how much?

    -M
  19. #19  
    Has anyone really been terminated for excessive phone data usage? I've seen the reports for data card users being terminated, but I've yet to hear of a phone user being terminated for that. I've used over 5GB per month for a few months and didn't even get a warning.

    Edit: Supposedly you will get booted going over 10GB on vzw network. Does Sprint have such a limit?
    Last edited by hannip; 08/02/2008 at 12:32 PM.

Posting Permissions