1.    #1  
    I do have full use of my Treo 700wx but I wanted to lock my phone on power down. Well, I forgot my darn security lock code. Is there a way to get around this without doing a hard reset? I can not lock my phone at all. Thanks for any help.
    My sources point to no... possibly go to your wireless carrier and see if they have tips and tricks.
    I use a GoodLink Server with The Message Center hosted GoodLink service www.themessagecenter.com
    Are you talking about the MSL? (Master Security Lock)

There are several programs to do so.

If you're talking about the pin for the device lock, no, there's not.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Are you talking about the MSL? (Master Security Lock)

There are several programs to do so.

If you're talking about the pin for the device lock, no, there's not.
    Seems like I may be out of luck. I'm referring to the four digit "Lock Code" that locks the phone either "Immediately" or "When phone turned off". If I power the Treo down and power back up, it's this 4 digit lock code I'd enter to get into my phone. I stupidly set a different code now I can't remember it. I hope this clarifies things. Thanks for your help.
  5. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hocjo2626 View Post
    Seems like I may be out of luck. I'm referring to the four digit "Lock Code" that locks the phone either "Immediately" or "When phone turned off". If I power the Treo down and power back up, it's this 4 digit lock code I'd enter to get into my phone. I stupidly set a different code now I can't remember it. I hope this clarifies things. Thanks for your help.
    ...is to keep a thief from accessing the data on the phone.

Since we don't know that you actually own the phone that you are trying to unlock, then we would be defeating the purpose if we helped you circumvent it.

Since you had to enter the number twice then you really should remember what it is - or at least know a few possibilities....
    Cheers

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    Since you had to enter the number twice then you really should remember what it is - or at least know a few possibilities....
    Not to mention you should know what it is from the hint you're supposed to give.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    ...is to keep a thief from accessing the data on the phone.

Since we don't know that you actually own the phone that you are trying to unlock, then we would be defeating the purpose if we helped you circumvent it.

Hey ceb, as I stated in my original post, I DO HAVE FULL FUNCTIONALITY OF MY PHONE. I'm trying to do the reverse. I'm trying to lock the phone when it powers down. I'll say this again, whether you believe me or not, I can't set the phone to lock when it powers down because I forgot the lock code. By the way, there was no hint when I created the lock code initially.
  8. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hocjo2626 View Post
    Hey ceb, as I stated in my original post, I DO HAVE FULL FUNCTIONALITY OF MY PHONE. I'm trying to do the reverse. I'm trying to lock the phone when it powers down. I'll say this again, whether you believe me or not, I can't set the phone to lock when it powers down because I forgot the lock code. By the way, there was no hint when I created the lock code initially.

...back up device, hard reset, restore....
    Cheers

Charles