Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    When ever I receive an SMS message my display and backlight turns on. How can I stop it from doing that? Must be a setting I am missing...

I also seems to turn on randomly even when there is not an SMS but I haven't been able to prove that yet find a pattern to that yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronW1000 View Post
    When ever I receive an SMS message my display and backlight turns on. How can I stop it from doing that? Must be a setting I am missing...
    Try turning off the on-screen notification for the SMS message.

Start -> Settings -> Sounds and Notifications -> Notifications
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Try turning off the on-screen notification for the SMS message.

Start -> Settings -> Sounds and Notifications -> Notifications
    I should have mentioned I already did that. The notifications don't display now but the LCD/backlight still turns on.
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronW1000 View Post
    I should have mentioned I already did that. The notifications don't display now but the LCD/backlight still turns on.
    Are you in a low signal area? This can cause the backlight to come on as the phone searches for signal.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Are you in a low signal area? This can cause the backlight to come on as the phone searches for signal.
    Nope...full strength...
    Do a soft reset and see if that helps?

Last resort, backup and do a hard reset and see if you get the same problem out of a clean install.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I have the same problem. My backlight turns itself on after a phone call ends. I will completely turn off the backlight after a phone call and about 20 seconds later the light comes on completely by itself.
    i noticed my phone doing this last night too...a softreset fix it though
    I had a similar problem today. The phone was sitting on my desk while at work this afternoon. The screen kept coming on at seemingly random times. After a few seconds it would go off but I noticed that the backlight was still illuminating the screen even though it was black.

A soft reset fixed it. Still several bugs with this phone that I expect a software update will correct.
    hmmm...this sounds similar to the problem I was having with my 800w...I took it back to the store showed them that whenever I set the phone to sleep, the screen would still be ghosting and not completely shutting off...they gave me a new unit...