1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone is having issues with their own mp3s from SD card playing for text messaging. My ringtones for phone calls works great but for text sometimes they play and other times not. I heard someone say on another WM device having same issue. Also, the times when it does play it will play entire 30 sec clip of ringtone even though I've finished viewing message. Any ideas. I tried moving ringtones to Ringtones folder and having same issue. And how do you get rid of the annoying key beeps? Thanks for any help
    I've wondered the same thing about the fact that a long ringtone choice for messaging can sometimes result in it playing until its end. In searching about this, evidently this is a WinMo issue, and the recommendation is to choose a short ringtone for messaging. I've done that and it does indeed solve the issue. It's just too bad some of the nicer, longer tones cannot be reasonably used.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I concur....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    go to http://myxer.com and you can make your own SHORT ringtones using your own music collection from your PC. Very cool, and you can edit the song/use whatever portion you want, and then send that edited, short clip to your device over the air (or just sideload it onto your device).

Free. Awesome. Use it all the time.
    My ringtones have been acting up, on occasions the text ringtone will go from "waterfall" to the original text ringtone. I cant even find a way to change my "reminders" sound to my own mp3 sound.

Just today I could barely hear my reminder for my calender and when I finally heard it i noticed that it was some completely different song I have never heard in my life... ?????
    Text and ringtone reminders are stored in the Windows folder on the device not the card. Just paste them in the folder using your favorite file explorer, close the folder and go to your Sounds and Notifications under Settings and select away. I use the infamous "Screaming Text Alert" and "Rooster" for my reminders. You can get all of the Ringers you want at Phonezoo.com, or search XDA-Developers for the Diamond MP3 Trimmer cab ripped from the HTC Diamond, works great to trim your MP3's right on the 800w and saves them to contact or Ringtone file.

I'm too lazy to post a link so search is your friend.
    No problems with longer ringers on the Mogul, so it's not a WM issue. The only time that I have anything not play perfectly is when I get two messages at once (one long SMS that's been split into pieces) and then my ringtone will start playing again before it finishes the first ring.

If you chose a long ringtone though, you cannot silence it before it finishes playing. That is a WM thing.
  8.    #8  
    I will try the myxer site as well, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by soysauce23 View Post
    My ringtones have been acting up, on occasions the text ringtone will go from "waterfall" to the original text ringtone. I cant even find a way to change my "reminders" sound to my own mp3 sound.

Just today I could barely hear my reminder for my calender and when I finally heard it i noticed that it was some completely different song I have never heard in my life... ?????
    I too can't seem to get my own mp3 file to show in the list when I am trying to set the reminder I use the sounds manager to bring over the mp3 file and they all show for the phone, but for reminders and voicemail I can't see any of my mp3's at all
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    I too can't seem to get my own mp3 file to show in the list when I am trying to set the reminder I use the sounds manager to bring over the mp3 file and they all show for the phone, but for reminders and voicemail I can't see any of my mp3's at all
    It is strange but some things look in different folders for different ringers. If putting it in the \Windows\Rings folder doesn't do it, try putting it directly in the \Windows directory.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Thanks, I'll take a look into that and see if I can get it displayed in the list by playing around with the location of the file.
    ive got all my mp3 ringers in my documents > my ringtones.

havent had any issues with any of them not showing up or dissapearing.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    It is strange but some things look in different folders for different ringers. If putting it in the \Windows\Rings folder doesn't do it, try putting it directly in the \Windows directory.
    It is weird. It takes both my vmail and SMS notifications and dupes them into "My Documents" Folder. If I leave them in "MyDocuments/My Ringtones" they won't work.

I'm off to find the MP3 Trimmer Cab bossman mentions. Sounds like the old MiniTunes app for Palm OS.

EDIT: Think this is the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=395400
    Anyone try the other apps, like Adobe PDF?
    Last edited by dslunceford; 08/04/2008 at 03:30 PM.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Verified that .wav and .mid need to NOT be in "My Ringers" in order to be selectable by "Notifications" app (just dumping them to "Mobile Device" folder where notes reside seems to work). .wav and .mid are selectable by the contacts-assignable ringers if left in "My Ringers."
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford