1.    #1  
    When I click on a video from the Youtube site, Windows Media launches but I get a "unknown error" message that pops up.

Anyone else seeing this or are you able to watch Youtube on your 800?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    i got it working with the TCMP. do a search for tcmp or youtube in this forum. You will see a reference to a recompiled TCMP for the 800 as well as a plugin for flash. Works great.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you--I had to do the same thing when my Sprint Touch ran WM 6.0 but when I updated to Wm 6.1 Youtube worked fine without having to download anything else--I was hoping that since the 800 has WM 6.1, Youtube would work out of the box.
    Just for clarification: it's TCPMP (didn't want you to have a problem finding it).
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    check m.vtap.com from your phone browser.

it rocks.. collects videos from various video sites.

-M
    just go with vtap - so much easier. It's a free-standing app on the device that is its own video search AND playback, all in one. So easy and simple.

You can install it over the air at www.vtap.com - right from your device browser.
    I get an error when I try to download it OTA. Any ideas?
    Coreplayer, albeit not free, works for Youtube as well. It's the commercial version of TCPMP.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    Coreplayer, albeit not free, works for Youtube as well. It's the commercial version of TCPMP.
    Do they offer free updates once you purchase?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    i stream PERFECTLY with Skyfire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    i stream PERFECTLY with Skyfire...
    LOL..im still waiting to receive an email to get skyfire..smh
    Anyone have any idea how to turn up the volume for Vtap? I find myself behind my phone trying to listen in than actually watching the video..
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Does the flash plugin work with core player?
    Also, Kinoma is suppose to release their WinMo version soon. So that may help also, for a fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    As far as I can see, perusing their forums, they don't appear to be charging people for upgrades. As a matter of fact, one guy posted that he was using Coreplayer on his older Treo 650, and now he has a Centro. They directed him to a link to get his key changed to match his new hotsync ID, in order to get the newer version working, so that's a pretty decent time of ownership with no charge.

I'm not sure if that'll change when they go to a 2.x version or not. I can't see myself paying a revolving $30 fee for it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    I'm not sure if that'll change when they go to a 2.x version or not. I can't see myself paying a revolving $30 fee for it though.
    Yeah... That's the only thing that concerns me.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.