Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    This has been posted before but since the audio adapter isn't 3.5mm it's useless to many of us.
    Has anyone received one of these yet. I'm curious whether standard micro usb to 3.5mm adapters work plugged into the audio side of the Palm adapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Has anyone received one of these yet. I'm curious whether standard micro usb to 3.5mm adapters work plugged into the audio side of the Palm adapter.
    hi Hannip

I've ordered one yesterday (along with the battery/charger combo), once it gets here, I'll hunt for a 3.5mm microUSB adaptor and see if it works.

BigMots
    I received a micro usb to 3.5mm adaptor someone recommended that is for Motorola products. Wasted ten bucks because it doesn't work on the Treo 800w. Sound just comes out of my speakerphone on the unit itself.
    So did anyone ever try using the audio side of the Palm Power/Audio Adapter for Treo 800w with any microUSB to 3.5mm audio adapter?

JackG058, were you testing the Moto microUSB to 3.5mm audio adapter on the audio side of the Power/Audio Adapter, or just in the Treo 800w without using the Power/Audio Adapter?

Been looking and have not found yet if anyone confirmed they tried a microUSB to 3.5mm audio adapter with the audio side of the Power/Audio Adapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    So did anyone ever try using the audio side of the Palm Power/Audio Adapter for Treo 800w with any microUSB to 3.5mm audio adapter?

JackG058, were you testing the Moto microUSB to 3.5mm audio adapter on the audio side of the Power/Audio Adapter, or just in the Treo 800w without using the Power/Audio Adapter?

Been looking and have not found yet if anyone confirmed they tried a microUSB to 3.5mm audio adapter with the audio side of the Power/Audio Adapter.
    yeah no clues if anyone has tested the Moto micro-USB adaptors with the Palm audio/power adaptor ..perhaps (hoping against hope here) Palm MAY have the done pinouts on that so as to be able to use those...

BigMots
    Gonna bump this thread. Again, does anyone have this thing?
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Nope, but I'm considering getting it.

If I ever get some spending money.....
    I have the Palm Power/Audio Adapter. But I don't have a microUSB to 3.5mm audio adapter.

Does anyone know of a small walk-in store that sells the micro USB to 3.5mm adapter? We don't have anything like Fry's or MicroCenter here in Chattanooga . But I'd rather be able to walk into a store, try it and return it on the spot if necessary. Instead of ordering, waiting, testing and then having to ship it back.
    I have the Palm Power/Audio Adapter. But I don't have a microUSB to 3.5mm audio adapter.

Does anyone know of a small walk-in store that sells the micro USB to 3.5mm adapter? We don't have anything like Fry's or MicroCenter here in Chattanooga . But I'd rather be able to walk into a store, try it and return it on the spot if necessary. Instead of ordering, waiting, testing and then having to ship it back.
    Call around to stores that sell cellphone accessories... Radio Shack springs to mind.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I don't even see a micro USB to 3.5mm adapter on Radio Shack's web site. So I doubt they sell it.

I may see if the Sprint PCS store has it.
    Don't hold your breath on anything not branded by Palm being compatible with the 800w. Even the Nokia HS-82 micro USB headset doesn't work with it. After you plug it in directly to the micro USB port, it turns off the speaker but there is no sound on the headset. Palm delivered a micro USB headset jack that is limited at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Don't hold your breath on anything not branded by Palm being compatible with the 800w. Even the Nokia HS-82 micro USB headset doesn't work with it. After you plug it in directly to the micro USB port, it turns off the speaker but there is no sound on the headset. Palm delivered a micro USB headset jack that is limited at best.
    You do know the context of what I've been talking about? It's what I asked earlier.

Have you tried this? That's what I'm talking about checking on. To my knowledge, nobody has even mentioned having tried it yet.

No microUSB to 3.5mm adapters at the big Sprint store in my area. I may try a few more places around town, since I've got to go run some more errands today.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    yeah no clues if anyone has tested the Moto micro-USB adaptors with the Palm audio/power adaptor ..perhaps (hoping against hope here) Palm MAY have the done pinouts on that so as to be able to use those...

BigMots
    I was plugging the Moto adapter straight in to the 800w usb port. I would suspect adding the Palm audio/power adapter would work, but man, that's having to have a lot of adapters connected just to use 3.5mm headsets. I truly wish that Palm would have just put a 3.5mm port on the 800w like they did on the Pro. Oh well, wishing doesn't change anything.
    As I was out today, stopping at most every electronics store in town and getting nowhere finding a locally store sold microUSB -> 3.5mm adapter. When in Radio Shack (yea I checked anyway), the guy there had never seen an 800w before (which is normal, honestly it's not very popular). He had an older model Treo and when he saw I had a Treo and was asking for something 3.5mm adapter related, he flipped his old Treo over and said, "well that's strange, because they put one right on the bottom of mine". He also knew about the Treo Pro having one too. But he could not believe that a Treo newer than his yet older than the newest was missing what he felt was standard in Treos.

It was a moment...

I guess I'll have to mail order one of these microUSB -> 3.5mm adapters and see what happens.
    You do know the context of what I've been talking about? It's what I asked earlier.
    Yes, I understand the context. My point was that if the jack can't work directly with a micro USB headset from another company, the odds of it working with a third-party 3.5mm headset through a third-party adapter are not good.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Yes, I understand the context. My point was that if the jack can't work directly with a micro USB headset from another company, the odds of it working with a third-party 3.5mm headset through a third-party adapter are not good.
    The Palm Power/Audio Adapter for Treo 800w is of course by Palm. So it does not go 3rd party till the microUSB -> 3.5mm adapter and nobody has reported trying it with the Power/Audio adapter yet.
    The Palm Power/Audio Adapter for Treo 800w is of course by Palm. So it does not go 3rd party till the microUSB -> 3.5mm adapter and nobody has reported trying it with the Power/Audio adapter yet.
    My problem with this solution is that all by itself, the Palm dongle is ugly. Now we have to add another connector to this mess...man, I guess I'll either go with stereo bluetooth or stay with the corded headset included with the 800w.
    I'm going to try getting this one and I'll try it with my Palm Power/Audio Adapter for Treo 800w and report back.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast