1.    #1  
    For some strange reason after about a couple of hours an automated "Phone updater" process starts where the 800 tries to dial #777. then it fails and it asks me to go check the connection settings..... but i can browse the internet just fine.... what do u guys think is happening here?

Thanks for all your help
    This is probably the PCS Vision profile. You can do this manually by dialing ##DATA# and then update Profile. Just make sure you're in a strong signal area.
    When I tried this it didn't do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    This is probably the PCS Vision profile. You can do this manually by dialing ##DATA# and then update Profile. Just make sure you're in a strong signal area.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcochran1977 View Post
    When I tried this it didn't do anything?
    Make sure you use the dialpad letters and not the keypad letters when entering the code.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Make sure you use the dialpad letters and not the keypad letters when entering the code.

That's a good point... but how do I see which alphabets correspond to which numbers here on the 800... I remember on the Q9C when u were typing numbers, you cloud see the alphabets associated with it appear on the screen... sorry if I'm confusing u...
    From the today screen press right softkey "Menu" press D for dial pad. Then you will see how.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you very much
    Or to avoid further confusion, dial either ##DATA# or ##3282#, then select Update Profile. This may not happen immediately, so you may have to wait, probably about a minute or so, before you see your phone starting to provision.
  9.    #9  
    Just updated it... thanks guys for all the help

Will this be a one time thing or are the 800s programed to automatically update every some odd days?
    This is usually automatic, but when it fails, usually due to a weak signal, the steps above allow you to do it manually.