1.    #1  
    Skype v2.2.0.45 Release date: July 31, 2008. I just installed it. It seems to work fine. I was able to make calls to a landline (Skype-Out), though I never did try to talk/listen.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    will have to give it a try. thanks op
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Does it route through the earpiece, or the speaker?
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Skype v2.2.0.45 Release date: July 31, 2008. I just installed it. It seems to work fine. I was able to make calls to a landline (Skype-Out), though I never did try to talk/listen.
    wow, just in time for our big skype conference this weekend. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    speakerphone like before.

also tried using bluetooth stereo headset, works great! just make sure you speak into the phone's built in mic.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I just tested it. It routes through the speaker. There's no option to use the speaker. The nice thing is, I'm able to use my BT headset (Motorola S9) with Skype.

EDIT: Slight bug with display. I seem to see a "bleeding over" of an image on another screen, where it is not a full screen. Kind of hard to describe, but it doesn't hinder the overall performance of Skype. It even appears to be allot clearer, which could be Rev.A.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 08/02/2008 at 10:19 AM.
    I just tested it. It routes through the earpiece. There's no option to use the speaker.
    How did you get your calls routed through the earpiece? I get my calls through the speaker.

Has anybody was able to route a call via bluetooth headset or a car bt system?
  8.    #8  
    Skype users should be glad they have 800w's. Touch and Mogul users are having problems with the latest version as posted at the SprintUsers forum.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    It does say the chat work. Thats all I use my Skype for is to chat.

I will install it on my Mogul. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I just tested it. It routes through the earpiece. There's no option to use the speaker. The nice thing is, I'm able to use my BT headset (Motorola S9) with Skype.

EDIT: Slight bug with display. I seem to see a "bleeding over" of an image on another screen, where it is not a full screen. Kind of hard to describe, but it doesn't hinder the overall performance of Skype. It even appears to be allot clearer, which could be Rev.A.
    when you say earpiece, you're not referring to the "wired" handsfree headset that plugs into the micro usb connector, right?

if it's working as a normal phone, then what steps did you take to install it?

i've already tried installing thru pc, uninstalling, reinstalling from .cab file. still no go.
    TYPICAL! I got home from a week and a half work trip on the 31st...this combined with my skype out account would have come in very handy as i was paying $1.50 for mexico roaming...not looking forward to my next bill!
  12.    #12  
    when you say earpiece, you're not referring to the "wired" handsfree headset that plugs into the micro usb connector, right?

if it's working as a normal phone, then what steps did you take to install it?

i've already tried installing thru pc, uninstalling, reinstalling from .cab file. still no go.
    My bad. The sound actually comes out of the speaker. Since I was playing with it with a phone nearby, I thought the sound was coming out of the earpiece, when in actuality, it was coming out of the speaker from the back.

It does work great with my BT stereo headset (S9).

I had no problem installing it. I just downloaded the .cab file from Skype, copied it over to my device, and installed it.
    I downloaded it and it works. it looks like they just made whatever fixes needed to get it to start. you can really tell it is displaying things in 240x240 as there are some layout issues, but nonetheless it works. I made a test call to my other phone and skypeout is working too.

There is a checkbox for "prevent device standby mode when online"...might want to uncheck that one for battery considerations...

the today plugin works too.
    This really shows how much faster the 800 is over the 700. Skype flies on here.
    Hey, can someone tell me if Skype over wifi works on your 800W. If you look over in the 750 forum, you'll see threads about it working great over AT&T's UMTS/HSDPA, but we've never been able to get it to work over wifi (while using a Spectec wifi card on our 750's since we don't have internal wifi; yes I'm jealous).

Could someone please report back if you can Skype via wifi on your 800W. My conspiracy theory is that AT&T and/or Skype disabled that possibility so you would have to use AT&T's data connection thereby voiding one of Skype's key benefits while traveling abroad, for instance.

What say you, Sprint 800W Owners?
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Hey, can someone tell me if Skype over wifi works on your 800W. If you look over in the 750 forum, you'll see threads about it working great over AT&T's UMTS/HSDPA, but we've never been able to get it to work over wifi (while using a Spectec wifi card on our 750's since we don't have internal wifi; yes I'm jealous).

Could someone please report back if you can Skype via wifi on your 800W. My conspiracy theory is that AT&T and/or Skype disabled that possibility so you would have to use AT&T's data connection thereby voiding one of Skype's key benefits while traveling abroad, for instance.

What say you, Sprint 800W Owners?
    No problem WiFI or EVDO
    any one got it to work over a car built in bluetooth system?thnx
  18.    #18  
    Since I got it to work on my Motorola S9 (A2DP support), but not on my Jabra BT2020, I would assume that if the car BT system supports A2DP, then it should work. Unfortunately, only the audio output works with the BT device and not the mic, which was in my case. So you should be able to hear the conversation on the BT device, but you still have to speak into the mic.
    Since I got it to work on my Motorola S9 (A2DP support), but not on my Jabra BT2020, I would assume that if the car BT system supports A2DP, then it should work. Unfortunately, only the audio output works with the BT device and not the mic, which was in my case. So you should be able to hear the conversation on the BT device, but you still have to speak into the mic.
    Try your BT2020 using the BTAudio progs to open the bluetooth channel when not in a call.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=58
    Program works great. Just did a fairly long cal with one of my business associates over 3g and they were amazed how good the call quality was.

My concern about this software is that when you have Skype running (and you are not offline) it opens up a constant data connection which is a major battery drain. Also, if you are on a phone call and the Treo goes into stanby the call gets hosed (I change the setting when I know I will be making or receivng a call).

Does anyone know if you have akype running and you put the phone into stanby if it is still connecting to the netowrk. I know once you change your status to offline the arrows finally turn gray.