1.    #1  
    So I was running a custom ROM on my 700wx. I was going to sell it so I decided to flash it back to the stock ROM. Everything went fine, the flash completed, the phone booted up to WM5 as expected.

I downloaded the Palm reset app and ran it to ensure the device was clean, it rebooted and sat at the Treo screen for about 20 minutes.

I got antsy so I jumped into a chat with Palm support who, after having me do two soft resets and two hard resets (all of which resulted in sitting at the same Treo screen) he told me to wait for an hour and if that didn't work I'd need to send it in for repair.

I decided to try and reflash the phone which went off without a hitch but when it rebooted it hung at the same Treo screen...

Any suggestions??
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    you may want to look for ebags thread for fixing the bootloader. i dunno how the bootloader would get corrupted with the reset app but that sounds like where its stuck to me. double check with ebag tho.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    you may want to look for ebags thread for fixing the bootloader. i dunno how the bootloader would get corrupted with the reset app but that sounds like where its stuck to me. double check with ebag tho.
    Thanks, Flip.

Ebag?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    So I found the thread where Ebag said he screwed his bootloader and it mentioned a missing number. I held the side button and got both numbers

It would appear that my bootloader is still intact...

Any other suggestions?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

yes that was the thread. i dunno now. Ebags...
  6.    #6  
    *bump*
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Ebag is looking for cheap 700wx. Maybe he will buy as is and fix it so he can continue his rom work.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    Ebag is looking for cheap 700wx. Maybe he will buy as is and fix it so he can continue his rom work.
    Actually, I'm sending it to him next week.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

To (try) and fix. I think.