Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering... google maps is cool but I would like a voice haha
  2.    #2  
    jw bump
    Live Search is free, but there's no voice prompting.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Live Search is free, but there's no voice prompting.
    true...no voice prompting, but it does give you a "ding" sound when you're supposed to make a turn. I've been using Live Search a lot lately. I love the speak function. The voice recognition is great!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    i can't get mine to find the gps do i need to do anything
    same here. gps location does not work for me with Live Search.
    Quote Originally Posted by govtcheez View Post
    true...no voice prompting, but it does give you a "ding" sound when you're supposed to make a turn. I've been using Live Search a lot lately. I love the speak function. The voice recognition is great!
    Hi. I'm not a WM user. Are you saying that Live Search does not speak to you, but it does recognize when you speak to IT?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by flynvy5 View Post
    i can't get mine to find the gps do i need to do anything
    Is location enabled for all programs?
    Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Is location enabled for all programs?
    where/how do you do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Hi. I'm not a WM user. Are you saying that Live Search does not speak to you, but it does recognize when you speak to IT?
    yes, it recognizes when you speak. Quite well, remarkably. Recognized everything I tried....except the name of an italian restaurant which I didn't expect it to. 800w rocks
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
    Quote Originally Posted by carysb7478 View Post
    yes, it recognizes when you speak. Quite well, remarkably. Recognized everything I tried....except the name of an italian restaurant which I didn't expect it to. 800w rocks
    So you tell it where you wanna go and it sets up the route accurately based on nothing but your voice?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    yes. Treo does not speak back to you, at least in the Windows live program. The sprint navigation program is a fully functional, turn by turn with voice guidance - it tells you when to turn, etc. But this is not free
    SERO plan 500

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    yes location is enabled but it's telling me the signal is weak when i'm outside in direct view of a clear sky
    Why do I have 2 different Live Search on my programs menu? one is 2007 and the other is 2008... how do I get rid of one? (2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by soysauce23 View Post
    Why do I have 2 different Live Search on my programs menu? one is 2007 and the other is 2008... how do I get rid of one? (2007)
    I was wondering the same thing.....I tried to delete 2007 from the remove programs feature, but it only lists 1 version there?
    SERO plan 500

2007 is ROM, 2008 shows up if you do an upgrade. When you first start Live Search from ROM, the app checks and notices an update. When you try to install the update, it can't uninstall the ROM version. So you are stuck with 2 version. Just look for the short cut that has the space in between Live Search. LiveSearch is the ROM version.
    Quote Originally Posted by govtcheez View Post
    I have used this application a few times already and have yet to hear this "ding sound"... am I missing something?

Great program too... bye bye "Maps" and "Google Maps"!!
    Quote Originally Posted by carysb7478 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.....I tried to delete 2007 from the remove programs feature, but it only lists 1 version there?
    U can delete the older version by going to file explorer...windows\start menu\programs and u will see all ur shortcuts there make sure u delete the right one
  19. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Sprint Nav is not free but seems free to me because it is included in the data plan I chose from Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    U can delete the older version by going to file explorer...windows\start menu\programs and u will see all ur shortcuts there make sure u delete the right one
    Thanks, I've been looking for a way to get rid of that..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast