Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    U can delete the older version by going to file explorer...windows\start menu\programs and u will see all ur shortcuts there make sure u delete the right one
    That just deletes the shortcut, but not the actual program. The ROM version is LiveSearch (no space in between), while the downloadable and installed version is Live Search.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    That just deletes the shortcut, but not the actual program. The ROM version is LiveSearch (no space in between), while the downloadable and installed version is Live Search.
    Yes, I know, but at least you don't have both shortcuts in your program menu.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Hi all, just activated my 800w I bought from ebay. Works great. I was wondering, with SERO can I use the GPS software from Sprint for free? Any new programs other than Live search that I could potentially use?

I'm starting to wonder if the GPS really is a stand alone GPS because it wont acquire any signal unless I have my phone on.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwoo View Post
    Hi all, just activated my 800w I bought from ebay. Works great. I was wondering, with SERO can I use the GPS software from Sprint for free? Any new programs other than Live search that I could potentially use?

I'm starting to wonder if the GPS really is a stand alone GPS because it wont acquire any signal unless I have my phone on.
    Do a search in this forum for standalone GPS. There are literally thousands of posts on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    Do a search in this forum for standalone GPS. There are literally thousands of posts on the matter.
    Incredibly, Palm still advertises it as having standalone.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Incredibly, Palm still advertises it as having standalone.
    Wow. Really?

Did we ever confirm whether the Pro (or the Pre, for that matter) offers standalone GPS functionality?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12