Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    Start -> Settings -> Phone -> Service -> Data Settings
    Thanks but that wasn't ita s it was not checked
  2.    #22  
    ^ Yep. Any other ideas?
    I've been battling this since the 14th of July. I just posted on the Palm forum today to get an answer -- otherwise the phone may be going back....

I live in a non-EVDO area. I have the settings in place to interrupt data connections if I receive a call. ActiveSync is set to manual.

Yet the missed calls continue.

The only correction I can make to actually receive all calls is to turn off PowerVision. Then, and only then, do I receive my phone calls....

The problem still remains, however, because PowerVision will self-activate even after I turn it off in my wireless settings.

If anyone has any idea what else I can do, please chime in!

Thanks,
    Garvey
    Similar problems here. I get missed call notifications, but no ringing. I'm going to uncheck Rev. A and see if that fixes it.
  5. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvey View Post
    I live in a non-EVDO area. I have the settings in place to interrupt data connections if I receive a call. ActiveSync is set to manual.

Yet the missed calls continue.
    Garvey
    I could be wrong but I believe this is a problem with 1x. If you are connected with 1x and transmitting data you will not get your calls, the system doesn't support interruption of data transmission.

One of the others will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I could be wrong but I believe this is a problem with 1x. If you are connected with 1x and transmitting data you will not get your calls, the system doesn't support interruption of data transmission.

One of the others will correct me if I'm wrong.

Can anyone very this? I am having the same problem in 1x areas, which is where I spend 90% of my time.
    My house is in between 2 Sprint antennas, so my reception is poor. I can usually get 1x in my house, usually roaming when I'm in the basement. I usually work in the family room (1x) and sometimes use data, but I've never really missed any calls. I can perform more tests for verification.
    hey guys. i got the 800w on friday and had the same problem. i didn't get a single incoming call for a full 24 hour period. it even took about 20-30 seconds just to dial out and start the connection on an outgoing call.

i read this forum and others and found people with the same problem but no answer. so i took it back to the store and replaced it and now the thing works perfect. i'm sure there is just a defective batch out there that you have to be unlucky to get. just take it back and get a new one.
    Make sure your old phone is OFF. This happened to me with my 700wx and that was the problem. The towers were trying to access my previous phone and I was not getting any calls. I have kept it off now while using the 800w and have not had any major issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by drtreo View Post
    Make sure your old phone is OFF. This happened to me with my 700wx and that was the problem. The towers were trying to access my previous phone and I was not getting any calls. I have kept it off now while using the 800w and have not had any major issues.
    The system should only use the ESN on the new phone. It may have not finished the transition. Besides, my old 700wx has been on since Day 1 of me receiving my 800w. I still receive all phone calls, text, etc. on my 800w. Although, the only strange thing that happens is when I receive VM, I receive a VM notification on both the 800w, as well as my old deactivated 700wx.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 08/18/2008 at 07:41 AM.
    Just curious, the ones having the problems, try running utils daily, such as Memmaid, to clear Notifications (Duplicate, Dangling, Invalid) then Rebuild Notifications.
    I get that "connecting to #777" when I use data services for the first time...it's like dialing a phone call. Can this have something to do with not receiving incoming calls?
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I get that "connecting to #777" when I use data services for the first time...it's like dialing a phone call. Can this have something to do with not receiving incoming calls?
    Not unless you have the phone set to not interrupt data sessions.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by drtreo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    The system should only use the ESN on the new phone. It may have not finished the transition. Besides, my old 700wx has been on since Day 1 of me receiving my 800w. I still receive all phone calls, text, etc. on my 800w. Although, the only strange thing that happens is when I receive VM, I receive a VM notification on both the 800w, as well as my old deactivated 700wx.
    now this is way weird. this maybe the biggest clue as to what is going on so far. i wouldn't belive that your old phone would have anything to do with it until eddie posted what he did. if this is the case, maybe this is what needs to be addressed.

missed calls is the main reason i dont buy the 800w. i love the treos, but must recieve employers calls or they get bent.

i will be watching this thread with fingers crossed.

cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    now this is way weird. this maybe the biggest clue as to what is going on so far. i wouldn't belive that your old phone would have anything to do with it until eddie posted what he did. if this is the case, maybe this is what needs to be addressed.

missed calls is the main reason i dont buy the 800w. i love the treos, but must recieve employers calls or they get bent.

i will be watching this thread with fingers crossed.

cody
    Yeah, this is why I stopped discussing the problem for a while. I want to see if this holds true after some time with my battery pulled on my old devices for a month. I did experience my voicemail going to my old phone so it could be the problem. We'll see.
    The only times I experience the phone not ringing, was in my basement with me 700wx. My house is between 2 sprint antennas, so I would be lucky to get a bar. Inside my house, I either get no bars or I go into 1x. My basement, I may either get 1x or roaming. So I think calls have trouble through the 700wx was it when the phone switches from 1x to roaming.

With my 800w & Rev.A, my reception in the basement is allot better. Even though I see the VM envelope on my 800w & my deactivated 700wx, when a caller leaves a message, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $I$ $have$ $never$ $missed$ $a$ $call$. $I$ $often$ $check$ $my$ $VM$ $on$ $my$ $800w$, $just$ $in$ $case$.

As mentioned, I have left my 700wx on, since Day 1. Plus, I also run Memmaid on a daily basis, which clears all notifications & then rebuilds them. Not to mention Sprite is configured to perform a daily backup, which also resets the device.
    Yeah, my situation could be different. Both 800w's act the same for me. Calls work then calls don't for a period of time. It's like a cycle. My signal is strong in my house and I have EVDO. The tower holding onto old phone info idea was the only one that seemed to make any sense from what I was seeing so far.

I mean could it be possible that both devices have the same exact issue? I suppose if there was a batch of bad ones, but what are the odds that I got 2 in the same batch?
    I don't know if it could be related or not, but a few months ago when Sprint switched over to the new billing system, I somehow lost my data access. I wouldn't have thought that switching over to the billing system would effect by data, but what I later found out that my account never fully switched over. Even though 1st level techs saw that I had data access, they couldn't figure out what was wrong. My friend, who is a Sprint Support Engineer had a spare 700wx. He knew his phone was working, which includes data access, so I activated his phone using my account. The same problem happened, so we know for sure it's not the phone, but the account. With my many calls to support, the tech flagged me for a replacement 700wx, which was fine, since mine was looking kind of beat up.

Anyways, we brought the issue up to 3rd level support. What they eventually did was delete my account and recreate it again. This finally fixed the issue.

So for those not receiving any calls at all, you could try to have them delete your account entirely, wait until all the systems propagated the change, then recreate it again. Merely deleting and adding the service didn't do it.
    hannip - eddie.... has either of you told sprint about the old device recieveing voicemails? what this is telling me is that the old esn's weren't completely removed from the system. this ,in turn, would confuse the system and not allow it to truly know what device to send things to. it wouldn't matter if the two deivces were in two different states. if both were on the system, with the same phone number, the system wouldn't work right. even if the old devices were off, battery pulled or not, the system still see it and will try to use it. it is internal and nothing you do will stop it.

this would take teir 3 support for sure, but needs to be addressed for sure. think of how many people are suffering from the same thing that dont visit forums. wow. think of how many people upgraded instead of new accounts. it could be a large number.

you to guys could make the difference. you two could call in an explain to a level where they knew you knew what you were talking about.

i hope it gets fixed.

cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    I haven't mentioned it to Sprint tech, because it hasn't caused any problems, in my case. I did email my friend about it, who is a Sprint Support Engineer. Unfortunately, he's on vacation.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast