1.    #1  
    Just curious how do you create a contacts icon and have it reside in the Programs Folder. on the smartphone Win Mobile, there was an icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Just curious how do you create a contacts icon and have it reside in the Programs Folder. on the smartphone Win Mobile, there was an icon.

link to the addressbook.lnk in the main windows folder.
    I see these kinds of questions, and I always wonder why people think they need to have (fill in the blank function) work on new device X the same way it was on old device Z. Here's what I mean:

Since the WM treo allows fast and simple contacts lookup from the main today screen, WITHOUT having to actually hit menu/contacts, whatever, I just don't see the value or need to have a Contacts icon.

So let's compare:

From the Today, using the built in stuff:

I just start typing. No menu key, no tapping, no nothing. No start menu - nada. Just start typing some part of a name (best is one or two letters of first name, SPACE, then one or two letters of last name, and the contacts start to sort automatically. (and I have almost 3000 contacts, and the sort results are like instant).

Using some sort of Contacts icon, as requested by the original poster (I'm somewhat guessing here as to the use case, but I bet I'm close).

From the Today screen:

Start
    Programs
    Contacts (? - is this what is being asked for)
    then start to type and sort.

Just seems to me like more hassle than how the device works out of the box.

If I'm wrong here, clue me in. My point is this - understand how the device works out of the box, and embrace the changes to the user interface that Palm put on WM, and maybe you won't need to have a contacts icon (I still can't see what the need would be).

Sound good?
    how about from today screen press the right softkey, and choose contacts? Or go to Start->Settings->Menus & check Contacts so when you press the start button it shows on the drop-down list?
    I like the today search box, but is there a way to add a new contact directly from it? On most phones you can type in a number and press "store."
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    how about from today screen press the right softkey, and choose contacts? Or go to Start->Settings->Menus & check Contacts so when you press the start button it shows on the drop-down list?
    But see, again, that's much too involved. No need to do that! Just start typing on the Today screen and you're in your contacts. How easy does it get??

And I'm hoping everyone knows they can get rid of that lookup field (not necessary). Just Menu/Preferences/Hide Lookup Field. Saves some screen real estate that way.

(yes to many that's not news, but you'd be surprised at the people who don't know that basic thing).